IT DirectorREPORTS TO: President/CEOSUMMARY/OBJECTIVE:
Manage, direct, and plan the credit union’s technology infrastructure and information systems. Provide ongoing analysis to recommend and develop short and long-term technology plans to provide efficient and cost-effective technology tools to meet the dynamic needs of the credit union. Promote positive employee relations and morale. Support staff in such a way that allows them to provide members with an extraordinary experience in accordance with the credit union’s core values. This position requires a hands-on manager who is the primary technical infrastructure and security expert in the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct and manage the IT and IS functions of the credit union to ensure that in house systems, programming, networking, installations, and operations support the credit union’s goals and objectives.
- Work with the CEO in setting short- and long-term technology plans that promote credit union growth and enhance services to members.
- Research industry trends in technology to ensure the credit union remains competitive in its product and services offerings. Keep abreast of changing trends in technology to include hardware, networks and network tools, software, and systems.
- Evaluate and/or design new systems, applications, networks, or other technology tools that support credit union growth, enhance services to members, and provide efficient processes for employees.
- Negotiate cost-effective contracts for the purchase of new systems, hardware, software, or peripherals. Negotiate cost-effective contracts for service warranties, maintenance programs, or IT consultants to support the credit union’s technology infrastructure.
- Determine when it is cost-effective to outsource technology services. Research industry experts in outsourced computer and core processing services and negotiate cost-effective contracts with appropriate vendors.
- Develop, update, monitor and continuously ensure compliance with the d9isaster recovery plans, computer security and loss prevention plans, antivirus, and firewall protections, etc.
- Direct the upgrade and maintenance of all computer hardware, software, systems tools, and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and other external devices.
- Hire, manage, and direct IT staff.
- Ensure that operational manuals and documentation are accurate and up to date. Ensure that processes comply with State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Prepare, implement, and supervise the budget for the department that is consistent with the overall strategic plan and budget of the credit union.
- Develop, apply, and evaluate policies and procedures for the department.
- Ensure that all internal/external audit and compliance procedures are being followed.
- Oversee the testing and verification of hardware and software and software implementations and upgrades.
- Update, monitor, and continuously ensure compliance of the credit union’s technology services (i.e., disaster recovery/business continuity plans, computer security, loss preventions plans, and antivirus)
- Be on call for emergency assistance within the information technology area
- Promote and maintain a confidential environment to protect member, employee, and credit union information.
- Follow all credit union policies, procedures, and requirements, in addition to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Create and promote a positive professional image of one’s self and the credit union.
- Exemplify the credit unions’ core purpose and core values
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and grammar skills
- Ability to communicate, written and verbal, complex technical information effectively and in an easy-to-understand manner
- Ability to be bonded required
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to keep up with a busy work flow
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Ability to research and comprehend industry trends
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Lifting (up to 50lbs) and the ability to reach, climb, and/or stoop/bend required
- Occasional travel to offsite locations required
- Team player with a positive attitude and flexibility
- Professional demeanor and personal accountability
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
- IS degree or equivalent IS certifications(s) required
- Five to eight years IS experience required
- Three to five years of management experience, including supervisory responsibilities, required.
- Financial institution and/or credit union experience desired
- Experience managing core system conversions a plus
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and occasional Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
All applicants must meet the certain conditions of employment to be eligible for employment at Sunbelt Federal Credit Union:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Successfully passing a drug test for illegal drugs
- Successfully passing a background investigation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical effort required to occasionally lift, hold, and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Manual/finger dexterity in both hands to operate a keyboard and manipulate small objects.
- Average sensory abilities to see, distinguish colors, and hear or listen.
- Concentration or mental effort required for reading, writing, calculation, analysis, and visualization.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties are performed in an office environment with uniform temperatures, normal air conditions, and normal noise levels.
- 401K, With employee match and profit shares.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Education Assistance Program
- PTO (Paid time off) (usable after 90 days)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This job description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Sunbelt FCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.