JOB TITLE: Call Center Operator and Appointment Scheduling
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Accomplishes Call Center objectives by implementing operational standards; resolving unusual calls. CMP is a medical practice that takes great pride in our patient service. The Call Center must be able to uphold our standards on a daily basis and be the filter of all communication coming into CMP.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Call Center Supervisor
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Knowledge, on all aspects of patient registration, insurance verification, eligibility
- Ability to work with the Phreesia, Registration Tablets and system
- Knowledge and enforcement of policies regarding insurances, work flow, payment collections
- Knowledge on all aspects of the appointment guidelines.
- Review schedules routinely (daily or even more frequently) with the intent to maximize patient appointments.
- QA of patient calls, messaging, and accuracy of data collected for patient registration, no shows, and cancellations
- Review and maintain a waiting/bump list of patients needing appointments
- Facilitate requests for double booking and extended hours appointments with Supervisor
Primary Care Medical Home **
- Maintain knowledge of new developments in PCMH programs
- Participate in the PCMH Team Huddles
- Assure patients are properly recorded as members of a PCMH
- Referral labs, diagnostic imagining, etc.
Other Duties As Assigned**
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associate degree in clinical field and/or comparable certification preferred
- Strong verbal communications
- Excellent Listening skills
- Customer service and customer focus
- Teamwork, multi-tasking
- Call Center experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a private physician office, comparable education or experience required.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of HIPAA and state regulations
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of medical practice software and electronic medical records.
- Demonstrate skill in applying the principles, methods and techniques of good customer service.
- Must have the ability to work well with other disciplines and departments.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with clear oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast paced work environment.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of a Medical Office workflow, specifically with regards to the “front end” functions of appointment scheduling, registration, insurance verification, telephone messaging, etc.
- Must have accurate keyboarding skills and working knowledge of desktop computers and printers
- Normal office environment.
- Occasional evening or weekend work.
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are described as those required to work in a professional office/business setting. Long periods of sitting and use of telephone system are representative of the requirements that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Call Center: 2 years (Required)