70 years and countless innovations later, JCB has grown to become the 3rd largest heavy equipment manufacturer in the world providing a wide range of products across the construction, agricultural, compaction, industrial and waste & recycling industries and our people, JCB people, are at the heart of our business.
We answer to our customers, not a group of shareholders. That freedom allows us to concentrate on developing the latest technologies and incorporating them into our equipment. We focus on what our customer needs on the jobsite – a machine that holds up in the toughest environment and increases their productivity.
At JCB, we stand behind our products – and our name.
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This position will be the liaison between our company and its current and potential customers to identify and facilitate sales of JCB products & services. The successful candidate will be able to accept ownership for in bound and out bound communication, effectively manipulate complaints and inquiries keeping customer satisfaction at the core of every decision and behavior. The candidate will ensure customer inquiries are given personalized attention.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Fields and/or assigns and tracks inbound inquiries
- Conducts outbound call campaigns as assigned in a timely manner, including tracking and reporting via Salesforce.com
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics
- Contact existing customers after machine delivery to ensure satisfaction and communicate “offers” at key points of ownership, i.e. approaching lease end
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/ or alternatives
- As needed, contacts dealers with key or expedited communications
- Dealer local market blitz’s, start-ups and campaigns call assistance
- Keep records of all conversations within Salesforce.com in a comprehensible way
- Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by taking the extra mile
- Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets
- Supports and participates in customer and internal training initiatives and presentations
- Seize opportunities to upsell products when they arise
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- Must pass any drug screens, background checks and any pre-employments tests as applicable
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Three years of sales and/or marketing
- Knowledge of customer support systems/procedures or channels of distribution
- Salesforce experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on phone skills
- Influence and adapt to change within JCB
- Demonstrate active listening skills to ensure that internal and external customers’ issues are understood and addressed
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Excellent problem-solving skills – ability to think outside the box
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Flexible and thrive in fast-paced work environments.
- Ability to consistently represent JCB in a positive and professional way with customers and dealers
- Identify and succinctly report emerging and evolving trends and customer/dealer feedback beyond fixed metrics
- Ability to work hard and have a thirst for knowledge
- Both office environment and manufacturing/factory environment
- Subject to noise and temperature changes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
JCB North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.