We are currently looking to add to our growing network of contingent/contract Field Support Engineers(FSE) in the following general locations:
Northeast Ohio(Cleveland, Akron, Canton, and South into Amish Country), Northwest Ohio/Southern Michigan(Sandusky, Toledo, Detroit Metro, Ann Arbor, Lansing), Eastern Ohio/Western Pennsylvania(Ashtabula, Youngstown, Warren, Erie, Pittsburgh Metro), Central/Eastern Indiana(Ft. Wayne, Indianapolis), Central Ohio(Columbus Metro, to Dayton/Springfield I70 corridor), Southwest Ohio(Cincinnati Metro, to Dayton I75 corridor), Southeast Ohio/Northern West Virginia(Zanesville, Marietta, Wheeling, Morgantown, Parkersburg).
This is a 1099 Part-Time(Contingent) IT Field Support Engineer (FSE) contract position, hours are not guaranteed. This position is intended to provide a flexible option for occasional supplemental income, not a consistent and guaranteed monthly income.
We are looking for candidates with strong customer-oriented consultative skills that also have strong technology and troubleshooting skills. In this role, you will provide onsite support, ‘Smart Hands’ and various other technology services for numerous businesses within a 60-mile radius of your location primarily in the retail, restaurant and hospitality sectors.
Jobs will primarily fall into one or more of the following categories and require one or more of the following related skills:
- POS system installation, teardowns, troubleshooting, hardware swaps and ‘Smart Hands’
- In-store and event Kiosk troubleshooting, installation, repair, removal and ‘Smart Hands’ support.
- Pro A/V, Digital Signage, troubleshooting, installation, repair, removal and ‘Smart Hands’ support.
- Network equipment troubleshooting, installation, and tear-downs and ‘Smart Hands’ support.
- Network and data cabling troubleshooting runs, installation, testing and ‘Smart Hands’ support.
- Printer/Copier troubleshooting, replacements, removals.
- Telecom/VOIP troubleshooting, installations and ‘Smart Hands’ support.
- Desktop/Laptop troubleshooting, recoveries, setups, swaps, removals and ‘Smart Hands’ support.
- Server troubleshooting, recoveries, setups, swaps, removals and ‘Smart Hands’ support.
Job request frequency will vary by location. Compensation is based on the client and can be fixed/flat rate with or without overtime, hourly with or without overtime or some blended variation thereof. While there is no guarantee of income, the number of potential jobs is frequent but not always guaranteed as other providers may be selected instead; the broader skill set and level of experience you have, the more likely you are to be selected for the job. There also may be opportunities for multi-day fixed rate assignments.
Most of our requests will occur during business hours. At times there may be a request after hours or on weekends. You set your own availability weekly/monthly or as needed.
- Requests are flexible. There is no penalty for being unavailable for a specific task but there will be penalties if you cancel a request after being assigned, being late to an assignment, not completing a job as required etc.
- Visit clients in the area(s) (for which you are applying) when an onsite presence is needed.
- Perform one or more of the above job types in a timely and professional manner often being guided by remote personnel.
- Diligently follow all requirements including check-in/check-out procedures, onsite documentation, photos and reporting to various client portals directly or back through our support center depending on the requirements of the job.
- Be on time, reliable and able to act on behalf of either Woodview or the end-client in a professional, calm demeanor.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-year experience in the following:
- Ability to diagnose and fix hardware and software issues for POS hardware, desktops, and servers.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting problems on Windows OS, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, DNS etc.
- Experience with VOIP installations/troubleshooting.
- End-User and Help Desk experience in MS Office Suite and other common desktop applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting network related issues that can be related to network infrastructure such as switches and routers.
- Configuration of TCP/IP settings on network and troubleshooting TCP/IP issues.
- Certifications such as A+, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CNE, CCNA are a plus but not required.
- Depending on job requirements, FSE must have the appropriate tools available including, but not limited to:
- Regular Screwdriver
- Phillips Screwdriver (various sizes)
- Micro – regular screwdriver
- USB Keyboard
- USB Mouse
- USB Thumb Drive (4GB or 16GB)
- Side cutters
- Nut drivers
- Crescent wrench
- Allen wrench set
- Black electrical tape
- 7” Ty-wraps
- RJ11/45 6 ft. cables
- Cat 5 Network Tester
- Digital Camera
- Network Cable
- Permanent Marker
- Grounding strap to prevent ESD
- Flash Light
- Candidates MUST be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all parties on the assignment including managers on duty and L1 & L2 techs at client support centers that will often be guiding you through the requirements of the job.
- Background checks and/or drug tests as required by the end-client. Neither are required but, having both will improve the probability of receiving jobs that require them.
- Candidate must live within close proximity of the area(s) (for which you are applying).
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Network: 1 year (Preferred)
- Windows: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Windows Server: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cleveland, OH (Preferred)
- MCITP (Preferred)
- CompTIA A+ (Preferred)