1. Ensure timely and accurate payment of freight invoices.
2. Comply with all established freight pay processes to ensure accurate application of transportation expenditures.
3. Audit all freight invoices for accuracy of rates, coding, discounts and NMFC freight classifications.
4. Interact directly with carriers/external service providers and internal customers to resolve transportation issues. Contact and follow up with freight carriers regarding disputes for billing / weight discrepancies.
5. Regulate business relationships with external service providers to clarify disputed rates, review aging accounts, and ultimately resolve and remove the root cause of discrepancies. Act as subject matter expert in regards to complex contract rates, line haul charges, fuel surcharges, arbitrary charges, storage, transfers, and other logistics charges.
6. Use experience and judgment to interpret the appropriate handling of complex invoice and contract disputes with service providers.
7. Maintain compliance with established SOP’s for freight payments to service providers including Inbound, Outbound, and Imports.
8. Manage and review transportation data, including troubleshoot issues and recommend changes.
9. Support multiple transportation and logistics projects, maintain transportation performance reports, assist in the development of logistics analysis, and continuously improve databases.
10. Provide functional expertise in support of the freight payment process within the Transportation department.
11. File new freight claims and follow up on existing freight claims.
12. Review and apply requirements for filing freight claims based on legal and contractual standards.
13. Operate with minimal supervision; prioritize and execute tasks. Provide and communicate recommendations to management, interact with multiple levels and functions within the organization, and regulate carrier business relationships.
14. Adhere to minimum metrics defined by management.
15. Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
1. High school diploma. Secondary education preferred.
2. Prefer 1+ year work experience in one of the following: G/L Accounting, Freight Payables, Payables, Carrier Compliance, Transportation Accounting, Transportation Operations, Customer Service / Vendor Support.
3. Analysis experience with the ability to analyze data and recommend solutions for improvements.
4. Intermediate computer skills: including, but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and navigation of the Internet. 10 key skills.
5. Proven attention to detail, organizational skills, and excellent follow-up skills.
6. High degree of accuracy.
7. Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and meet deadlines.
8. Ability to act with a sense of urgency.
9. Ability to work independently, and on a team.
10. Team player who can coordinate with managers and colleagues to successfully complete cross-functional projects.
11. Ability to train & support others in a multi-cultural environment.
12. Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
Please note this is a part time, temporary position. No benefits will be offered.