The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle recovery.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
The Product Manager will be responsible for managing and administering all aspects of the product line through the product life cycle. The product management team works closely many functions within and outside the organization including: engineering, sales, manufacturing, suppliers, customers and end users to develop winning products from conception to launch. This includes development and execution of marketing plans for products with accountability for market share, product portfolio life cycle, and P&L management. This role will be instrumental in developing and executing Product Strategy to ensure new and existing projects are prioritized, outlined and delivered to maximize customer satisfaction, revenue and margin. In addition, this role will maintain ongoing contact with customers, industry experts, suppliers and other stakeholders to develop and launch new products, and ensure products meet customer needs. This role will lead the product line in the Americas and will be responsible for reporting regional metrics as part of the MGPP process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and execute new product launch plans, providing product education, demonstration and expertise to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for representing sales, product management and marketing throughout the new product development (NPD) process.
- Responsible for ensuring customer and market requirements are identified and met which includes market analysis, voice-of-customer (VOC), product definition, and product launch.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for all significant issues related to the product line.
- Key stakeholder in managing the product line P&L ensuring revenue, volume, profit, and ROIC financial goals are met.
- Analyze financial metrics of the product line providing recommendations to improve financial performance of the product line and update financial forecasts.
- Manage product portfolio life cycle for the product line including development of the long-range product plan (MGPP) and identifying ideas for new products, line extensions, product improvements and adjacent business opportunities.
- Develop product, pricing and promotion elements of annual business and marketing plans, including strategies, Advertising plans, sales promotions, and budget.
- Develop and execute product line pricing plans including price change implementation, tracking competitive market pricing, and providing cost analysis.
- Track market and competitive dynamics for product line, providing ongoing market share analysis and action plans.
- Provide long-range and short-term demand forecasting including market, volume, and market share volume. Update marketing plans as conditions change.
- Develop and execute ongoing sales and customer education and communication programs to ensure full understanding of product features, benefits and comparisons to competitive products and promote value-based selling propositions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or in a related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Product Management, Marketing, P&L Management or in a related area.
- One (1) or more years of prior lead or management experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong strategic development mindset.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Master degree in Business Administration.
- P&L responsibility.
- Project management experience.
- Strong analytical background including using data to make recommendations to Senior Leadership.
- Product expert for a manufacturer for agriculture, construction, automotive or other related industry.
- Proven success in developing a business plan executing it to grow a business.
- Intimate knowledge of industries, jobs and applications using ladders and other low-level access products.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.