Wytheville Community College is currently recruiting for a full-time Education Support Specialist III (Outreach Coordinator). The Outreach Coordinator will serve as the college recruiter and will work in area high schools and within the service region to facilitate enrollment in post-secondary opportunities. The Coordinator has the specific goal of assisting potential students with postsecondary transition issues, including but not limited to financial aid, enrollment, advising, registration, seeking funding sources, assisting with career development, and navigating the community college environment. The Coordinator will attend and promote Wytheville Community College at regional recruitment events, community events, and area job fairs. This position is a restricted position and continuance will be determined by targets being reached annually. This position will report directly to the Dean of Student Success and Academic Development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain effective long-term relationships with high school counselors, teachers, and administrators in order to partner with them to create opportunities for student to achieve their educational goals;
- Partner with college leadership in the creation and execution of recruiting strategy;
- Attend events at high schools in order to provide support and information on WCC programs and admissions processes;
- Engage community organizations to recruit students to WCC;
- Manage campus tours, group and individual;
- Provide individual enrollment sessions to help student determine that WCC is the right choice for post-secondary education;
- Manage a database of prospective students and implements a contact strategy;
- Advise students on the process of attending college including help with the application, advising, testing, FAFSA, and scholarships;
- Assist with events and activities on campus and throughout the service region;
- Provide related student activities and coordinate guest speakers;
- Offer small group sessions and workshops focusing on admissions and success at WCC;
- Coordinate and organize campus recruiting events for high school students;
- Maintain all required records with accuracy;
- Document, assess, and evaluate event outcomes;
- Analyze application data from high schools;
- Collect required data, including information cards, to allow for continued follow-up from the college;
- Maintain a database of prospective students and follow-up with inquiries for information;
- Submit all required state and federal reports and documentation in a timely manner;
- Document all services provided in student files and case management system (EAB Navigate)
- Maintain a high level of understanding of both the programs offered by WCC and the programs offered by the local high schools and how the high school programs can articulate to WCC;
- Provide necessary training and development for campus staff and internal stakeholders of recruiting practices, programs, and procedures;
- Attend professional development, as appropriate;
- Comprehend and relate support services available to students;
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and community partners to ensure student success; and
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience equal to the degree; and
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in working in an educational setting (higher education environment preferred).
- Experience working with community college students; and
- Master’s degree.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Only online application documentation will be accepted. A complete state application is required. Partial applications will not be accepted.
Position is open until filled with first review on September 24,2018.
Combine transcripts into one file prior to uploading.