Fluorescent Penetrant Inspector Level III
Illustrative duties may include, but are not restricted to, one or more of the following:
- Direct and participate in the training and development of employees in the facility's procedures and methods for operating all non-destructive testing equipment
- Direct and participate in the preparation of samples or specimens for non-destructive testing of materials and components during the various stages of manufacturing and assembly
- Monitor and audit all NDT related processes
- Review rejected material or components for defect severity and disposition. Assist in repair and documentation procedures
- Review all NDT related specifications for internal, customer, and industry standard specifications. Keep updated on all changes or modifications to such specifications.
- Analyze specifications in all NDT related and special process requirements to manufacture planning applications
- Assist with the review of acid samples to perform and analyze on NDT chemicals and adjust as necessary
- Assist with the performing of laboratory tests when needed, in addition to reviewing and approving all related results and reports
- Analyze test results and concise technical routine and non-routine reports. Make accept/reject decisions based on results and customer requirements.
- Analyze and interpret NDT requirements related to stainless steel, aluminum, titanium, and other alloys.
- Conduct investigations on product issues and suggest solutions based upon the results of findings. Work with supervisor and management and initiate corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Prepare and perform tests to include Fluorescent Penetrant other related NDT testing, analysis and reporting.
- Maintain accreditation to NADCAP approval status with methods, procedures, training, and auditing.
- Provide technical support to other departments on issues concerning materials and processes, including advice on potential hazards and impact of chemical and processes to health and safety of all employees.
- Process and inspect standard known defect panels (TAM PANELS) and records monthly.
- Completes fluorescent penetrant inspection and moves parts according to work instructions.
- Correctly documents all calibration/production data
- Orders materials and chemicals as needed.
- Writes and types procedures and technique sheets as needed.
- Assigns NCT’s for non-conforming parts as needed.
- Maintains clean machines and work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic Computer Skills
- Level III Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection Certificate. Basic SPC
- Qualified with either NAS-410 or SNT-TC-!A
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to talk and hear
- Vision – clear, close, mid distances, depth perception, color, peripheral and ability to focus.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds regularly
- Walking - frequently
- Using hands to finger, handle, or feel - almost continuously
- Reaching with hands and arms - almost continuously
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement