- Candidates must have a current valid Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- An understanding of Waldorf education or a willingness to learn about and work with this pedagogical approach is preferred.
- The assistant needs to have the ability to take direction from, and work closely with the Class Teacher. The assistant will work with the whole group and possibly small groups of students or a specific student to reiterate and reinforce academic content.
- Flexible individual who works well with others and experienced in, or interested in learning to assist diverse learners in a grade school (Grades 1-12) environment.
- Candidates will hold an Associate degree or higher, or have completed 2 years or 60 credit hours of higher education.
Essential Job Functions:
- Help redirect and refocus students
- Assist in preparing classroom materials and the classroom environment
- Take an active role in the well being of the class and all students
- Schedule may include snack and lunch play yard duties
- Assist in proctoring district assessments as required (i.e. AzMERIT, AIMS Science, PALS, DIBELS, Galileo, etc.)
Skills, Knowledge, and/or Abilities Required:
- Skills in strong administrative responsibilities, listening, verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Knowledge of Waldorf education and public school operations.
- Leadership in working with students & staff. Commitment to the concept of collaborative decision making.
Frequent: Standing, walking
Occasional: Sitting, lifting and carrying
Education: Associate degree or higher, or have completed 2 years or 60 credit hours of higher education.
Licences, Certification, Bonding and/or Testing Required: AZ DPS Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card, Clear TB Test, Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate issued
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.25 to $13.00 /hour