What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Individual contributor providing organizational support to Relationship Managers and Wealth Financial Advisors in the WMG Markets, including; Administrative duties; Client Relationship building; Recognizing and capitalizing on cross-sell opportunities; and participating in building and implementing the WMG vision and mission. Works to deliver day-to-day objectives with significant impact on achievement of results for the job area. Work consists of tasks that are not typically routine. Works independently under limited supervision. May be required to apply discretion within broad operational boundaries and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day processing of client paperwork and transaction processing. This includes checking paperwork for completeness and accuracy and opening client accounts.
- Maintains and assists with Relationship Managers and Financial Advisors schedules by setting up, confirming and reviewing appointments for current and potential clients. Prepares for client meetings ensuring that prospectuses and marketing materials are up to date. Performs Pre-Call planning such as Signature Card update, Account Review and Client Opportunity.
- Runs reports to help Relationship Managers and Financial Advisors understand sales opportunities. May balance fluctuation report, Manage referrals – RBG & CBG, Input in CRM, Appian and or other systems.
- Performs mailings or mail merges for sales campaigns to include Invites / WFA & RM Transition Letters and other items.
- Identifies opportunities for cross-sell on specific products: online banking, debit cards, etc. Provides online banking set-up assistance to clients
- Receives and screens telephone calls, mail and visitors. Routes callers, takes messages and answers client questions of a general nature. May act as point of contact for client.
- Receives wire requests and transfers to Operations Associate; Receives ILOC/HELOC advance or pay down requests; Performs internal transfers via TouchPoint Sales Service (TPSS)
- May perform notary services as needed. #LI-CS1
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
Typically requires minimum of 3 years of experience. May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.