- 3+ years of experience leading and managing S&OP type forecast and demand planning process
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Finance, Business or Mathematics
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in demand planning, forecasting, and/or supply chain planning
- 3+ years of experience with advanced Excel features (such as V-lookups & pivot tables)
You will work across the team and its customers to align on a short and long-range demand plan. You will contribute to our Global Spare Planning function to estimate the needs of our data centers across our network. If you love being at the forefront of industry growth and development, developing and executing processes in a highly ambiguous environment, identifying information gaps and collaboration needs, and driving business strategy, then this is the spot for you. This is a high impact role offering an opportunity to drive and influence business-critical decisions impacting the long-term future of the business.
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical usage trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, analyze auto generated forecast output, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional collaboration and consensus activities, research and reconcile significant variances, refine the forecast model to reflect updated business plan assumptions, and reduce forecast model variance.
- Interact with data center operations, hardware engineering, business service owners, supply chain teams, logistics operations, and other multi-functional stake holders to understand and develop demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative approach to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Develop tools, processes, communication channels to develop and manage forecast efficiently, and drive more effective forecast consensus
- Dive deep into forecasting planning models to identify risks and opportunities and resolve constraints by negotiating across demand and supply owners
- Establish purchase order placement process and manage across multiple cross functional teams
As a contributor on the team, the successful candidate will embody the following:
- Communicate ideas concisely to a wide variety of stakeholders for purposes ranging from informative to need for approvals from executives.
- Embody a true pioneering spirit, willing to “get your hands dirty” in a start-up environment while simultaneously developing processes, automation, and delivering results
- Clearly define data requirements and metrics, working with teams to implement the entire data flow from capture to presentation and management
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain/Operations or related field.
- Previous technology hardware planning and operation knowledge
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, Python, or other programming languages are a plus
- Experience with Inventory Modeling / Supply Chain Management concepts, e.g., forecasting, planning, optimization, regression analysis
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
- Proven track record of high impact business results
- Excellent written composition and verbal communication skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age