No need to go far to change the world – one patient at a time.
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian for a Part-time Clinical Dietitian position at St. John Medical Center, a suburban community acute care facility located in Westlake, Ohio. St. John Medical center is a member of the University Hospital Health System. Licensed for 180 beds.
Is this opportunity right for you?
If you are a dietitian seeking extra hours, a flexible schedule or returning to the workforce, this may be the job for you. This is a part-time position working a minimum of 24 hours per week. You will identify patients at nutritional risk, perform nutrition and follow up assessments, patient education and effectively participate as part of the interdisciplinary team.
Are you the experienced Dietitian we are seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
Be a registered Dietitian or Registration Eligible
Have Responsibility for inpatient Medical Nutrition Therapy.
Provide education to patients, as well as staff and work well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff
Possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment.
Have excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups
Strong time management and organizational skills are needed to be successful in this position
The ideal candidate will have/be:
familiarity with the Nutrition Care Process and Electronic Health Records is preferred at the unit;
strong comprehension of the principles of clinical nutrition practice;
a Registered Dietitian, eligible for licensure in the state if applicable; and
the ability to meet DOH/state/federal and company standards.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. See more Nutrition jobs here.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
- Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
- Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
- Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.