Tremendous opportunity to influence the growth of an outstanding company – GLS is seeking a top tier talent to serve as a Director, IT Engineering in our Greenville, SC office!
Be part of a growing, dynamic and innovative company in the subprime automotive lending space! Named one of Inc. 5000's fastest-growing companies for the past three years, Global Lending Services (GLS)is a national originator and servicer of Sub-Prime Auto Loans operating out of Greenville, SC, with operations in Atlanta GA and Phoenix AZ. The company is committed to building a world-class operation, combining industry-leading talent with a modernized, analytically driven technology platform.
What does it mean to be Director, Information Technology Engineering with GLS?
The Director, Information Technology Engineering has hands-on responsibility for the planning, supervision, and implementation of the technology infrastructure. This role will provide daily guidance and management of a team of administrators across various technical disciplines. This position is accountable for the health and availability of the technology systems that enable the business operations of the company.
What will you do each day to support the most talented team in the industry?
- Align the roadmap of the technology infrastructure in such a way that it maximizes availability and continuity of the services
- Lead the infrastructure team members by coaching, mentoring and training
- Provide daily guidance and prioritization to a team of administrators that are responsible for the network infrastructure, server systems, and various cloud services that serve as the operational platforms for the company
- Responsible for tier 2 and 3 ticket escalation requests from the service desk
- Ensure that the systems and administrators are adhering to policies and procedures
- Coordinate with the application and reporting teams on delivery and change management of their respective platforms
- Responsible for periodic disaster recovery exercises and the supporting documentation
- Research and recommend and products and tools related to the IT Infrastructure
- Work with IT Leadership team to draft policies, procedures, and controls for the organization – IT General Control Framework
- Assist management in establishing appropriate internal controls throughout the organization to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory agencies
- Create and monitor a budget and create cost-saving ideas
- Develop results reporting structure to communicate results to senior management
- Organize, plan, work on multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Serve as a contributing member of project teams(s), or leader of the project team(s), coordinating resources to ensure achievement of project activities as assigned
- Set departmental goals and develop and maintain a daily employee work schedule that effectively meets the needs of the business unit and company
- Run daily reports to optimize workflow efficiency; ensure the team meets service level expectations of internal and external customers
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the company or as directed by management
What should you already know to be successful in this role?
- Minimum of bachelor's degree required. Internal candidates at the Specialist III level with commensurate experience and a track record of sustained, top performance against company standards may be considered.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience in a technical financial environment required
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in IT engineering roles required
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intrinsically motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative, identify needs, make recommendations for improvement, see recommendations through implementation, and evaluate improvements for effectiveness
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: friendly and tactful with the ability to influence others, effectively manage conflict, exercise sound judgment, effectively manage highly sensitive and confidential information, interact at all levels within the organization, and build cross-functional partnerships across the business
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Team player that can adapt to a fast paced and changing environment
- Proficient computer skills with a working knowledge of internet and standard business applications such as Microsoft Office; ability to quickly learn new computer applications as required
- Commitment to exemplifying the organizational core values and key competencies
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead a team - provide quality training, guidance, performance coaching and feedback to assigned staff
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and demonstrated ability to effectively set and manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to think strategically and deliver tactically
Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Please visit our site at www.glsllc.com to learn about our great company and other great opportunities!