Our extraordinary nurses enjoy a rewarding career caring for senior adults!
Provides nursing support as directed by the Resident Services Director to all nursing associates and Residents.
Directly supervises all associates of the nursing department while on shift, with final supervisory authority resting with the Resident Services Director. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; participating in the performance appraisal process, rewarding and disciplining associate; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers and/or supervises the self-administration of medications.
- Verifies identity of Resident receiving medication, verifies that the correct medication is being given, and records time of administration on the MAR/MOR.
- Presents medication to Resident and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication.
- Obtains and records Residents vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration), weight, food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Observes Resident to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Counsels residents in identifying and resolving social or other problems.
- Schedules doctor’s appointments based on the needs of the resident
- Assures that all new medications are faxed to the pharmacy in order to get the prescription filled timely and accurately.
- Informs families when mail order medicines need to be reordered.
- Talk to physician’s offices and doctors as needed to take phone orders or change orders for a resident.
- Assures call lights are answered in a timely manner to attend to the residents needs as soon as possible after the call light is signaled (7 minutes’ maximum).
- Keep accurate counts of the narcotic sheet
- Attends all training and conferences as required to stay abreast of changes in the nursing profession as well as to maintain appropriate CEU’s for license, with prior approval of supervisor. Assures all training required by the state regulations is completed and documented each year.
- Assures all caregiver duties as performed as assigned and documented appropriately.
- Participates in the Care Planning process as assigned.
- Assists in the oversight of appropriate training for all nursing staff to assure requirements for state regulations are met, as assigned by supervisor.
- Addresses associate, family and resident concerns to promote satisfaction and good communication.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of compliance and ethics program policies and procedures.
- Completes all mandatory compliance, HIPAA and state and federal regulatory training as required.
- Maintains appropriate degree of confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
- Education: A minimum of a one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; three to six months related experience or training
- LPN/LVN/RN license required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 /hour
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- General non clinical