Becht is a 5 STAR rated Glassdoor company and a Top 100 Best Places to Work in New Jersey according to NJBIZ.
Who is Becht?
Founded in 1964, Becht is a rapidly-growing, multi-discipline consulting firm relied on by customers to relentlessly solve their most difficult and entrenched problems. We combine vast experience through our network of over 1200 technical experts with both engineering expertise and professional experience. Becht is a company founded on excellence, and as such we seek individuals who want to be part of our passionate and energetic team.
Who Do We Want?
Are you a candidate with 20+ years owner-operator experience in a refining or petrochemical organization seeking engagement on a part-time, contingent basis? We invite you to join our network of over 1200 Specialists and Advisors who work for Becht! Once you join our network, you’ll have the ability to apply only for projects that interest you and fit your schedule!
Becht provides Subject Matter Expert consulting very similar to owner-operator Central Engineering Organizations. In fact – we have many ongoing relationships with our clients where we serve as a third-party Central Engineering Organization.
The position is for an Advisor Technical Subject Matter Expert in Process Technology, Process Safety, Rotating Equipment, Fixed Equipment, Corrosion & Materials, Instrumentation / Control, Reliability or Strategic Business Planning. The role could involve a mix of remote and onsite work depending on the candidate’s preference and the needs of the project. Becht frequently combines expertise in multi-discipline teams to support resolution of client issues. Our clients typically engage Becht for root cause failure analysis, troubleshooting, design & cold eye reviews, unit commissioning and other support services.
Continue Your Career with Becht
A creative and innovative work environment isn’t all we have to offer! When you join Becht, you can expect
- A positive, collaborative workforce
- Access to further training and development
- Flexible work schedule with the potential to work from home occasionally
- Opportunities that provide variety
- Community outreach programs such as Red Cross blood drives, Toys for Tots collections/volunteering, and United Way campaigns
Your Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 20+ years’ experience in the refining, petrochemical or power generation industries
- Strong attention to detail
- Deep subject matter expertise in a given field of industry
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- An ideal candidate would be a friendly person who exercises good judgement and can communicate with all levels of plant staff
All functions will be performed under the direction of the Division Manager (one for each functional discipline). Advisors working over 1000 hours during a calendar year are eligible for matching 401k contributions. Advisors are eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance if they are expected to work an average of 30 hours per week for one year. Eligibility is monitored on an annual basis; advisors may become eligible later if eligibility requirements are met.
Becht is an Equal Opportunity Employer.