Razer, the world's leading lifestyle brand for gamers, is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Industrial Designer. In this position you will be an integral part of an international product development team that creates Razer's award-winning hardware.
We are seeking a candidate with strong aesthetic sensibilities, outstanding visualization skills, a love of problem-solving and the passion and dedication to develop unique and thoughtful design concepts in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must have expert-level knowledge of the design process with a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create compelling and innovative product designs. The candidate must work well in a collaborative environment, is a solutions-based thinker, can pivot between projects easily – as well as contribute to an ever-changing list of company priorities.
The minimum qualifications required for this position are:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in industrial design
- Live, breath, love design
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and exploration
- BS/BA/BFA degree (or equivalent) in industrial design (or equivalent)
- Strong Sketching and prototype making capabilities
- Highly proficient with 2D and 3D design visualization and CAD tools
- Knowledge of materials, process, assembly, electronics, and production methods
- Attention to details, excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management, organization & prioritization skills
- Great communication skills (visual, verbal, and written)
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects while managing competing priorities
- Ability to network and establish relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Negotiation and influencing skills as well as determination and tenacity
- Willingness to be a part of a team and do whatever needs doing to accomplish company goals
- Able to travel internationally up to 30% of the year
- An ethical and professional approach to work
- Portfolio required
- High energy, fast paced environment creating the next generation of gaming hardware
- Located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, California
- Flexible work hours
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and lunch provided twice weekly
Razer™ is the world's leading lifestyle brand for gamers.
The triple-headed snake trademark of Razer is one of the most recognized logos in the global gaming and esports communities. With a fan base that spans every continent, the company has designed and built the world's largest gamer-focused ecosystem of hardware, software, and services.
Razer's award-winning hardware ranges from high-performance gaming peripherals (for the PC and console platforms) to the Razer Blade gaming laptops. Razer's software platform, with over 35M users, includes Razer Synapse (an Internet of Things platform), Razer Chroma (a proprietary RGB lighting technology system), and Razer Cortex (a game optimizer and launcher). Razer services include Razer zGold, one of the world's largest virtual credit services for gamers, which allows gamers to purchase virtual goods and items from over 2,500 different games.
The company has a global footprint with 9 offices worldwide and is recognized as the leading brand for gamers in the US, Europe and China.
Founded in 2005 and dual-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, Razer is a publicly-traded company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.