Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Supervise, control, direct, administer and coordinate all engineering operations and mechanical/electrical maintenance of the facility under the general direction of the Chief Engineer and the General Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
* Ensure operation of above systems is with design capabilities and to achieve proper environmental conditions prescribed by manufacture's manual and or building management.
* Perform preventive maintenance on the equipment as prescribed by maintenance manuals and manufactures' recommendations and complete appropriate documentation. As well maintain daily logs for proper recoding of equipment operation.
* Maintain operate and report any deficiencies with an energy management program
* Review building operations, preventive maintenance, training and energy management equipment status on a frequent basis. Coordinate this review with the Supervisor and file appropriate work orders.
* For all duties document as appropriate in logs and create a work order as appropriate in work order system:
* Operate, maintain and repair all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of heated or processed water.
* Operate, maintain and repair refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature.
* Operate, maintain and repair cooling towers, water chemical balancing and water source heat pumps.
* Operate and maintain fire life safety systems including fire sprinklers, smoke exhaust fan systems, damper controllers, variable frequency drives, control centers and security systems.
* Operate, maintain and repair pumps, handling brines, or other secondary refrigerating liquids, together with all valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system.
* Operate, maintain and repair air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
* Operate, maintain and repair water filter, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution including all sinks, toilet bowls, supply lines, drains and water lines.
* Operate, maintain and test run Emergency power generation systems and log readings.
* Operate, maintain and repair sanitary sewer systems, including sump pumps, basins, water closets, urinals and piping.
* Maintain and repair trash compactors, including electrical and hydraulic systems.
* Maintain electrical power distribution and auxiliaries for building's lighting, mechanical, electrical motors, plumbing and control components, including lighting maintenance.
* Maintain all equipment as required per the Preventive Maintenance Program. Preventive Maintenance Program will be scheduled to meet the manufacturer's required service specifications.
* Handles work assignments and trouble calls as directed by Supervisor
* Adhere to quality levels and standard practices for all work performed.
* Assist in training personnel in proper operating procedures and techniques.
* Enforce and practice all safety regulations and participate in periodic safety meetings.
* Conduct regular inspections, report findings and make recommendations to the Chief Engineer.
* Ensure all work orders are completed and turned in to the Engineering Office by the end of the work day.
* Complete Management reports and forms as required.
* Perform unscheduled and emergency repairs as required.
* Ensure cleanliness and orderliness of all equipment rooms and workshops.
* Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians as needed.
* Maintain on-going communication with residents and client regarding maintenance issues.
* Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive to other locations as need arises.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisors
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
* Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
* Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
* Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
* May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
* Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
* Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
* Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
The Assistant Chief Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the on-site work of building engineers and reporting all issues directly to the Chief Building Engineer.
Education & Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 3-5 years demonstrated experience in operations, maintenance and repair of the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
* 3-5 years customer service experience.
* EPA-608 Type I or II refrigerant certification.
* Possess the requisite licenses and permits required by local laws and ordinances to operate, repair and maintain the facility equipment and systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
* Proficient in English; additional languages are a plus.
* Strong ethical practices.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong internal/external customer relation skills required with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, associates, members and other stakeholders.
* Excellent general math skills.
* Strong working knowledge of engineering and maintenance practices.
* Experience working with inside and outside environmental elements (noise, weather, etc.).
* Knowledge of working methods, safety practices and procedures, common terminology, safety precautions and practices necessary for working with hand tools and heavy equipment; and the principals and practices of employee supervision, training and evaluation.
* Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task, implement, and monitor progress for successful completion.
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines.
* Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Demonstrates awareness of variables which could affect associate retention and/or morale.
* Demonstrates excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Excellent attendance and punctuality.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher.
* Must be qualified for bonding.