We are looking to fill a couple positions in the areas of Lincoln Square, Ravenswood, Albany Park and Evanston for a weekend pet sitter/dog walker.
Ideal candidate is a self-starter, has a positive cooperative attitude, comfortable working outside in all weather conditions, lives within 2 miles of one of the mentioned areas we are hiring in.
Position is for a part-time weekend pet sitter/dog walker. Must be available at least two weekends a month. Evenings during the week available as well.
Must be available to work 1 or 2 of Premium holiday weeks:
Thanksgiving week, Christmas week, New Years week
Must be available to work 3 of the 5 minor holiday weekends:
Presidents Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day
Must be able to make a 6 month commitment to part-time work. This is an independent contractor position, not an employee position.
Pay varies upon experience but starts around 13.50 dollars per hour.
Pet Sitters Requirements and Qualifications:
- Have own car OR be a year round experienced Cyclist able to ride in all weather types and maintaining your bike.
- Must be responsible, reliable, and dependable, respectful
- Able to follow detailed instructions
- Must be timely and punctual
- Must be able to self-manage
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be compassionate about animals
- Must feel comfortable working with and interacting with both small and large animals
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Work weekdays, weekends and holidays, as stays vary based on client needs
- Enter the homes of clients and visit with their pets for varying lengths of time (usually 30- 60 minutes each)
- Walk pets as required
- Feed pets
- Administer Medications as needed
- Check that pets have ample water supply and refill as necessary
- Make sure no damage caused by pets in the absence of their owners
- Confirm that if any potty accidents have occurred in the homes of our clients to clean up.
- Communicate with office during visits.
- Appropriate pet clean-up as required (i.e. kitty litter scooping when sitting for a cat)