Are you looking to work for a dynamic non-profit organization that is mission focused serving the needs of the under-served community? If YES, Join our expanding team!
SOS is proud to be the largest community health center in Orange County to combine wrap-around social services with healthcare. Our values of dignity, justice, service and excellence are translated through every service offered at SOS. SOS currently operates health clinics located in Costa Mesa, Santa Ana, Lake Forest and Newport Beach; dedicated to improving health outcomes of low-income and at-risk populations in Orange County.
This position is for our SOS/PEACE Center Health Clinic located on the campus of Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, CA. This is a collaborative faith based location. Candidates for this position will be interviewed by both SOS and Saddleback Church Management.
The care provided to our patients and clients is Patient-Centric and meets our commitment to delivering personalized care. The Staff Physician plays a critical role in this delivery of care. The program at SOS directly nurtures and fosters healthy adults and children while raising the level of care for patients with chronic ailments. Overall the goal would be to enrich the lives of these patients so that they can become positive contributors to our communities. Uses best efforts to perform the duties of the position. The Staff Physician provides high quality care to SOS patients and helps to develop medical and clinic staff. This position provides input to SOS directives and programs; assists the Associate Medical Director and/or CMO in the achievement of clinical goals and objectives. The Staff Physician works in the team-based model of care.
- Manages the care of patients in collaboration with other health professionals and members of the health care team in order to make decisions about treatment and attain health goals.
- Ensures that medical and patient care provided at SOS clinics is maintained at the highest levels of excellence and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices.
- Provides high quality patient care at any SOS site to patients of various ages.
- Ensures that clinic staff – especially mid-level providers – provide quality care appropriate for each patient.
- Ensures that patient records are closed timely to permit scheduled billing and analysis activities.
- Works to meet benchmarks and achieve productivity sufficient to maintain qualifications for federal and state funding and grant requirements.
- Participates and contributes to staff meetings.
- Communicates with and supports physician volunteers and mid-levels.
- Expected to participate in provider on-call duties.
- Completes other duties as requested or assigned.
- Must have personal transportation and driving insurance; drives to other sites frequently in order to provide care or attend meetings or other activities.
- Desire to work with an ethnically diverse adult and geriatric population.
- Knowledge of the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model of care.
- Working knowledge of direct outpatient care and management methods and practices in a community clinic setting. Prior experience in a similar setting is preferred.
- Ability to perform clinical duties within established guidelines in an organized, efficient manner.
- Working knowledge of direct outpatient care and management methods and practices in a community clinic setting.
- Basic knowledge of local, state and federal regulations relating to care of patients in a clinic setting; and prior experience with county, state and federal programs such as CHDP, FPACT, EWC, Medi-Cal is preferred.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions sufficient to maintain a safe work environment
- Must be able to adhere to all client related policies and procedures including confidentiality and HIPAA.
- Maintains superior expertise and completes continuing education requirements timely.
- Have a valid California Driver's License, auto insurance, and accept travel assignments on the job as directed by the clinic.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Medical degree from an accredited school of medicine
- A valid unrestricted license from the California Medical Board to practice as a physician in the state of California, with no pending or previous disciplinary action from any state licensing entity.
- Must be a minimum Board Eligible, Board Certified in specialty preferred; able to work in a FQHC.
- Four years of experience in clinic based or community health center environment preferred
- Current DEA license unrestricted and BLS certificate.
- Education, training and experience necessary to meet the underwriting requirements of SOS’s malpractice insurance coverage,
- Leadership and/or management skills and experience valued.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all cultural and ethnic populations in the community, including fluency in written and spoken English.
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish preferred.
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
- Proficient Use of Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Uses electronic medical record software (Allscripts); develops proficiency within 3 months of training
- Familiar with medical diagnostic lab equipment
- Qualified user of primary care medical equipment and devices
- Use typical office equipment (computers, fax, phones, copiers, audiovisual)
All qualified candidates will be subject to an employment/education/criminal background check and must be able to provide proof of required vaccinations to include: TB Test, Annual Flu vaccination, Hep B & MMR Immunity.
At SOS, we offer a competitive compensation and generous benefits package which includes; group Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance/AD &D, Voluntary Life Options, Long Term Disability, 403b Retirement Plan with employer match, EAP, Global Travel Assistance, Supplemental Accident and Wellness plans offered, Pet Discount program, Tuition Reimbursement, CME, Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick.
Job Req# 201804MDPC
Job Type: Full-time
- clinic based or community health center: 4 years
- current DEA license unrestricted
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in specialty
- valid unrestricted license from the California Medical Board