CVCA strives to be the employer of choice, and we pride ourselves in being the premier provider in veterinary cardiac care. We are a values driven organization with an outstanding culture. We pride ourselves in ensuring an excellent quality of life to all team members and maintain the highest standards of client and patient care and service. We are seeking an experienced financial controller to work in our Leesburg, VA administrative office. The Controller plays a critical role in the health and operation of the organization by handling all aspects of financial management of the company. All potential new hires are required to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test. Resume and cover letter should be forwarded by replying to this post.
What makes us great:
- Compassion and Respect - our team members make us great, and we know it!
- Work life balance
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- Employee recognition and appreciation
- Team Atmosphere - We are run by and for our team. You have a voice!
- Competitive pay
- Career growth opportunities - Opportunities for advancement
- Great Benefits - Health, HRA, FSA, Dental, Vision, Long term disability, 401K, Life Insurance, Paid volunteer time, Continuing Education allowance, Charity donation match.
- Advanced degree in Accounting.
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 5+ years of overall accounting and finance experience
- Proven experience in finance management
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel
- Thorough Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Possess excellent time management, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and with a team.
Skills and abilities
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple complex projects at once.
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written communication
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Can stay calm and efficient during a crisis.
- Ability to demonstrate history of working independently with little guidance, anticipating next steps, taking initiative, exercising discretion and sound judgement and working collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients or external contacts to the organization
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills and the ability to be a creative and effective problem solver.