About Arkose Labs
Arkose Labs is a fast-growing startup, backed by Softbank, Microsoft and Paypal, that is disrupting the fraud industry with an innovative approach that undermines the economic drivers behind fraud. The Arkose Labs Fraud and Abuse Prevention Platform combines real-time intelligence, rich analytics and adaptive step-up challenges to progressively diminish the profitability of attacks while adapting to evolving attack patterns. Arkose Labs offers the only fraud solution with a 100% SLA guarantee. The world's largest brands trust Arkose Labs to protect their customer journey while delivering an unrivaled customer experience.
Learn more about Arkose Labs from our innovation sandbox presentation at RSA: https://youtu.be/Fyhr\_ZuveLM
As a User Experience Designer, you will play a significant role in leading the design of the command center and self-service portal. You will also have the opportunity to work with customers to embed Arkose Labs anti-fraud solutions into their site or app with a GUI that is visually seamless when compared to the customer's own GUI. Working closely with stakeholders, you'll set the design direction, define priorities, identify areas of opportunity, and lead design efforts from concept through launch and beyond.
The Arkose Labs Platform detects suspicious characteristics of users of a website or app, and responds by issuing the user an interactive challenge- a small puzzle to solve before continuing. The product challenge organization is responsible for the development of these visual challenges, which drain fraudsters of their resources.. Equally important is the focus on providing a user experience that is as frictionless, quick, beautiful, and fun for the occasional authentic human user who encounters a challenge, so that people all over the world can continue to enjoy using the services of our customers.
As a User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with product teams and engineers to create mockups that set the vision for major projects as well as short-term tactical work.
- Working on a range of projects from loosely defined problems to specific features.
- Developing a deep understanding of our product goals and technical details to design experiences that balance user, business, and engineering goals
- Working closely with the product management team around overall vision, design and research processes, and design systems.
- Being able to use data and analytics to inform design and identify opportunities.
- Customize CSS styling off Arkose anti-fraud solutions to match customers UX/UI requirements.
- Create design related artifacts that are needed by the engineering team to develop the user interface.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of working experience with designing SaaS Portals or B2B applications in addition to education in UX/UI or related fields.
- Demonstrate a portfolio with real work examples which include problem statement, ideation, solution and outcomes.
- Have the ability to break down complex problems into elegant user experiences.
- Be able to thrive in a dynamic environment and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Have experience working with an established design system
- Have experience with the popular design and project management tools (Figma, Miro, Jira), data analytics tools and standards (HTML/CSS, accessibility)
- Ability to translate design requirements from Figma/Sketch mockups into CSS code.
- Proficient with CSS3 and HTML5.
Nice to Have
- Background in interactive software design, including usability and accessibility
- Startup experience
- Experience working with SVG format and other illustration skills
- Familiarity with using AWS systems such as DynamoDB
- Experience executing and debugging configuration files for a software product
Why Arkose Labs?
Join an early stage, fast growing startup with pioneering technology built by passionate and ambitious people.
Work with some of the biggest names in the market, such as Microsoft, Paypal, EA, Github, Twitch, Roblox, Twilio, and Minecraft!
We value your unique contributions, perspectives, and experiences. Be part of a diverse and high performing environment that prioritizes collaboration, excellence, and inclusion. We hire the best, focus on their professional development, and offer support for continuing education.
- People - independent thinkers making data-driven decisions and taking project ownership
- Teamwork - building trust, respect, and integrity to openly communicate and constructively challenge one another
- Customer Focus - customer empathy and problem-solving obsession
- Execution - actions with precision, professionalism, and urgency
- Security - our lens for implementing processes, procedures, and programs
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Robust benefits package (90% of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance paid by the company and 75% paid for dependent care)
- Home office setup assistance
Arkose Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Arkose Labs will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All employees of Arkose Labs are required to comply with its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which includes individual vaccination requirements for U.S. in-office attendance and/or travel to any U.S. company-sponsored events. If any travel or in-office attendance is a required part of the position to which you are applying, you may be required to provide evidence of your vaccinated status as a condition of accepting employment with Arkose Labs.
Job Type: Full-time