GENERAL MANAGER / RETAIL STORE OPERATIONS
Reporting to the AVP/DGR, the Area Manager/Retail Store Operations leads retail store teams and manages effective store and donation operations to meet or exceed all established goals. This position is responsible for: the safety of team members and customers at all times while on Goodwill property; taking care of team members by making delivery of mission services to them a high priority; the delivery of excellent customer service at all times; properly safeguarding and handling customer donations to maximize their value to our mission. The General Manager is responsible for mentoring and development of Production Managers, Assistant Store Managers and Team Leads to enable continuous improvement in the delivery of our mission to team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and commit to mission services delivery to retail team members as a high priority in store operations. Work collaboratively with life skills coaches and HR to perform this mission.
- Establish a culture of safety, ethics and quality within all levels of the retail and donation store operations.
- Provide leadership, training, guidance and support to team members and managers that foster continuous learning and improvement in performance of the individual and the store.
- Build retail store success by properly selecting, training, mentoring and developing employees. Ensure personal leadership is focused first on people and mission. Build strong teamwork throughout store operations.
- Be attentive to turnover, encouraging positive movement for employees, whether inside or outside Goodwill. Minimize no-call/no-show behaviors through effective individual employee communications.
- Develop and deploy effective staffing models and scheduling procedures to achieve the most effective and efficient retail sales operations. Monitor and ensure course corrections.
- Hold managers and teams accountable to high customer service and cleanliness standards at all times. Take immediate action to correct deficiencies and communicate with sense of urgency and pride in maintaining high standards.
- Contribute to annual budget planning with retail leadership team for retail store merchandising, sales, donation operations and internal mission services.
- Effectively utilize data analytics and problem solving skills to advance Agency mission and vision.
- Achieve or exceed budgeted revenue, net income, E/R and all other goals and assigned metrics. Provide detailed variance analysis for any under-performance with structured improvement plans.
- Follow through with people and process adjustments, setting a continuous improvement expectation for team members and managers. Meet high quality standards consistently.
- Establish standardized merchandising, sales and production procedures. Ensure procedures are trained and followed, and that the sales and production areas are efficiently staffed to meet goals that keep the sales floor fully stocked with quality goods. Train and expect delivery of strong customer service and work ethic at each donation location.
- Take a proactive role in protecting the organization’s assets and resources by appropriately controlling expenses. To minimize shrinkage, monitor regular audits and direct observation procedures, and take immediate corrective action as needed.
- Champion regular communications with all employees to ensure current information about Goodwill’s initiatives, programs, benefits, announcements, goals, progress against goals, expectations and accountabilities are broadly known.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Logistics and Transportation to maximize store operations efficiency.
- Develop and maintain skills of all team members through continuous OJT and completion of formal training programs, with special attention to safety training.
- Foster continuous performance and development discussions between supervisors and team members. Prepare and deliver timely performance appraisals for direct reports, and ensure performance appraisals are completed on time and in a quality manner.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to administer rewards and recognition, promotions, transfers, corrective actions or dismissals in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to emergency calls during and after store hours.
- High School diploma; some college strongly preferred; bachelor’s degree in management, operations or similar field a plus.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supervising production and/or retail operations using standardized quality and productivity processes to achieve revenue, productivity, net income and other key performance goals for the organization.
- Experience in non-profits and human services work environments a strong plus.Lift up to 40 pounds in support of donation and production areas.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
SHIFT: Willing to work days, evenings, nights and holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,476.00 to $51,854.40 /year
- Retail Management: 3 years
Required work authorization: