Alexander Valley Healthcare’s (AVH) mission is to provide excellent and comprehensive primary care services. The health center accomplished this mission through collaborative, innovative programs, services and referral resources that meet the economic needs of the entire community.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), providing primary medical care, behavioral health, and dental services to residents in the northern tip of Sonoma County and southern tip of Mendocino County. AVH is a non-profit corporation and governed by a consumer and community led Board of Directors.
Our health center is located in Cloverdale, CA and as a Family Medicine Clinician, you will have the opportunity to participate in clinical strategic initiatives as we continue to grow and develop new healthcare programs. We offer flexible schedules, loan repayment, a full suite of benefits and competitive salaries. We have a favorable score of 16 for loan repayment programs.
JOB SUMMARY: The Provider will provide full scope comprehensive primary care to all patients seeking care at Alexander Valley Healthcare, under the clinical supervision of the Chief Medical Officer. He or she will provide community based primary care as part of a patient centered medical home team.
SPECIFIC TASKS/DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Creates an ongoing relationship with each patient by providing access, continuity, education and comprehensive care via diagnosis and treatment of AVH patients within the scope of his/her license to practice medicine.
- Take a complete medical history, perform physical exams, make an assessment and diagnosis on adult and pediatric patients; initiate, review, and revise treatment and therapy plans.
- Maintain adequate documentation of all patients seen, including follow-up and referral utilizing the problem-oriented record system and SOAP note format in the electronic medical record.
- Manage the stable phases of chronic illnesses in consultation with the attending physician or Medical Director as needed.
- Order and interpret laboratory reports and diagnostic imaging reports.
- Assess mental health and provide for treatment as needed in individuals and families.
- Coordinate health management with physicians and other agencies.
- Actively supports organization priorities of patient care, quality, education and sustainability.
- Provides patient centered service and supports a positive work environment.
- Provides for the patient’s health care needs and when needed arranges care with other qualified professionals.
- Assures quality and safety by adhering to Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) principles, including teamwork, evidence-based medicine, and active participation of patients in decision-making.
- Provides timely follow-up on patients seen including chart notations, lab review, and referrals to specialists including providing after hours coverage through a rotating on-call schedule.
- Participates in Provider meetings, Quality Assurance, Peer Review meetings, and other professional activities as requested by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Meets regularly with the Chief Medical Officer to review patient care issues and provides input into the development of treatment guidelines and protocols.
- Physicians provide on-site day-to-day clinical supervision and back up of Family Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- Current unrestricted California license as a Medical Doctor, Doctorof Osteopathy, Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- MDs and Dos must be Board Certified in a medical specialty.
- Current DEA license.
- Demonstrated proficiency with all tasks on the most current Staff Physician, Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant competency list.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of compliance issues within the Community Health Center environment.
- Complies with HIPAA policies.
- Completes assigned policy review items.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to be sensitive with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records.
Job Type: Contract