The Supervisor of Account Management is responsible for leading and coaching a team of inside sales professionals (Account Managers) to drive revenue results and client satisfaction.
The Supervisor of Account Management is responsible for ensuring the account management team is actively engaged at all times with their assigned accounts through ongoing sales interaction to include prospecting for new business opportunities, qualifying and securing identified opportunities, and account management activities to increase client satisfaction, loyalty, and market share.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Actively engage with the account management team on an ongoing basis to drive highly impactful sales behaviors. Achieve this through frequent joint sales activities and coaching for performance and skill development.
- Direct and assist the account management team in identifying ESA's most valuable accounts and share growth opportunities and prioritize and direct sales actions to capture these.
- Coach sales skill development among the account management team through modeling, training, and one on one coaching.
- Monitor Account Managers' achievement against financial goals and other performance metrics to drive results. Coach and counsel for improvement as needed.
Strategy and Planning
- Assist in the account planning process for all assigned accounts to ensure the account management team has a comprehensive understanding of their assigned accounts and is working strategically to grow share. Drive adoption of end to end understanding of account needs, including buying behaviors and motivations, technical requirements, distribution channels etc.
- Continually evaluate and prioritize account management team activities to ensure they are aligned with ESA objectives and short and long term goals.
- Provide input into ESA sales organization strategic planning on a range of topics that impact sales contribution and account development.
Training and Coaching
- Ensure new hire associates are thoroughly trained in all aspects of their job performance including REACH sales training.
- Provide instruction and coaching on all relevant ESA systems to ensure the account management team is effectively utilizing these resources. This includes excellent comprehension of CRM best practices and SOP's as well as other departmental systems that impact sales.
- Improve account managers' sales skill competency through training, coaching and joint sales interaction on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and execute specific account management team training as needed.
- Coach account managers on effective pipeline management practices to ensure focus on the most lucrative and imminent opportunities.
- Train and assist account managers in preparing for and conducting effective client Account Reviews.
- Provide excellent model of professional and impactful sales behaviors on a daily basis through action, words, and written communication.
- Participate in joint telephone sales calls with team members on an ongoing basis. Act as salesperson, coach/mentor, or ESA management representative depending on the requirements of each call.
- Assist the account management team in identifying high potential accounts and opportunities and taking effective actions to win this business
- Assist account managers in account planning and development. Evaluate and drive competency in account planning among the account management team.
Leadership and Supervision
- Conduct daily meetings with account management associates to communicate sales promotions, procedural or policy changes and provide motivation to the account management team.
- Establish and communicate appropriate quantitative and qualitative goals for sales activity, milestones, results, and documentation.
- Monitor team and individual achievement to goal on an ongoing basis.
- Promptly address issues of under performance as appropriate.
- Monitor department scheduling and approve employee time worked and time off requests to insure proper staffing for each divisional account team.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders to provide needed information and support and ensure collaborative efforts across the organization to drive sales effectiveness and client satisfaction.
- Earn the confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style.
- At least 2 years of experience in supervision of sales people.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include infrequent evening and/or weekend meetings.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
SELLING SKILLS AND INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE:
- Fluent in the English language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including effective listening.
- Excellent presentation skills in one-on-one and small group situations involving clients and associates.
- Strong knowledge of business-to-business sales including prospecting, business development, and account management.
- Demonstrated ability to sell using a variety of approaches and delivery platforms.
- Thorough knowledge of hotel and travel industry.
- Self-motivated with strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to set goals and achieve priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, must function well under pressure, delegate effectively, and remain positive and constructive under stress.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, motivate, direct, and coach others.
- Demonstrated ability to address and correct performance issues timely.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in the area of data and performance metrics.
- Ability to gather client information and analyze industry data to create client specific action plans and communications.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Less than 10% travel required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled