SEMCO(A FlaktGroup Company) is seeking an experienced Controller to be based out of our Columbia, MO corporate office, who will report directly to the CFO.
This position is responsible for directing accounting activities within the corporation in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives set forth by the CFO, CEO, and Board of Directors. Maintains conformance with all SEMCO policies and procedures as well as Federal, State, and Union regulations/requirements. Other tasks as outlined below as well as other duties that may be assigned.
Major Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Timely and accurate production & analysis of financial reports
- Continual review of all financial inputs
- Provides daily management and guidance of Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable personnel
- Leads annual external audit
- Plays a key role in ERP conversion
- Participate in Annual budget and periodic forecasts
- Maintain internal accounting controls and the GL system
- Review’s reconciliations
- Prepares tax and audit work papers
- Supervises plant Sr. Cost Accountants and annual physical inventory at all plants
- Supervises AR & AP personnel
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant progressive experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Accounting. Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
- Must have excellent communication, organization, & analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Manufacturing experience desirable.
- Must uphold the highest ethics and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have advanced Excel experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Columbia, MO 65201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- GAAP: 8 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- ERP systems: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location