Human Resources Generalist (1st Shift)
Middlefield and Orwell OH
About Cabinetworks Group:
Cabinetworks Group is the largest independently owned manufacturer and distributor of cabinets in the United States. We believe that the kitchen is the heart of the home and it’s what drives us to serve our customers in ways they have never been served before. We aren’t in the business of making doors and panels. We’re in the business of making hopes and dreams achievable for all. Our mission is to put the heart in any home — with an energy and ambition no one can match.
In your role, you will be challenged with work that drives Cabinetworks Group forward in alignment with our mission. You will grow as a person and leader in your field, while helping each kitchen find their way home.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated and confident HR Generalist to join our Human Resources team. Working closely with the HR manager and Production managers, you’ll play an important role in providing exceptional employee relations to our team. You will drive company culture in alignment with cabinetworks values. You will be invited to create and drive new initiatives.
What you will do:
- Explain company personnel policies, compensation, benefits, and procedures to employees.
- Assist with managing the hiring process to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and policy.
- Assist with administering FMLA and short-term disability claims and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and policy.
- Ensure bi-weekly and weekly payroll is processed on time and accurately.
- Conduct investigations and terminations, ensuring consistent application of policy.
- Work with Human Resources Manager to maintain a positive work environment.
- Coordinate annual benefit enrollment, including educating employees on benefit changes.
- Partner with Talent Management and Training departments to develop and implement plant leadership training.
- Produce and submit HR related reports.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field.
- 4 years of human resources experience, including 3 years in a human resources role to include employee relations, staffing, benefits, safety, and/or attendance management.
- Knowledge of applicable employment laws including FMLA, Worker Compensation, Equal Employment Opportunity, ADA, etc.
- Proficient computer skills required, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated successful capability to resolve conflict over sensitive or complex issues.
- Ability to function at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, independence, and initiative without daily interaction with management.
Cabinetworks Group (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Cabinetworks Group is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person