Founded in 2016, GigNow, EY-funded startup venture, is transforming the way large enterprises source, match and engage contractors worldwide.
GigNow leverages an innovative approach in developing a network of top contractor talent, with an advanced technology platform, a fast and easy process and dedicated team. GigNow enables the most sought-after contractor talent in the world to quickly find the right “gigs” and make an immediate impact.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer. Join us to cultivate your expertise on a dynamic and agile team where all members significantly contribute to the effort. In this position, you will be a key member of a rapidly growing engineering team who works closely with all stakeholders to define, develop, and refine our product. You will have opportunities to bring new ideas and develop your skills on day one.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Critical thinking skills and ability to creatively solve complex problems
- Design, build, test, deploy, maintain and improve technology solutions
- Suggest innovative solutions resulting in a positive user experience
- Participate in product feature definition, design, implementation, and documentation
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Ability to deliver quality code (security, performance, readability, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- Experience with RESTful API development with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with at least one relational database, preferably Postgres
- Experience with testing frameworks with RSpec
- Experience with TDD/BDD and CI/CD
- Familiarity with at least one cloud platform, preferably MS Azure
- Familiarity with SQL database a plus
ruby on rails
- Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar
- 4-8+ years total work experience
- Exceptional candidates with less or different experience encouraged to apply
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
Ernst & Young LLP, is strongly committed to equal opportunity and values the diversity of our work force and the knowledge of our people.
Ernst & Young LLP provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Ernst & Young LLP is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please notify us.