Engagement Manager, Consulting Services – Director Level
Los Angeles-based or Chicago-based candidates are preferred, however we are open to qualified candidates nationwide.
Creative Circle has experienced tremendous growth since its start in 2001. We have a nationwide presence in more than 40 markets, and have a candidate database over 700k creatives that we are placing in creative roles every day. In 2015, Creative Circle joined ASGN, a leading publicly traded professional staffing firm specializing in the growing sectors of digital marketing, information technology, life sciences, and healthcare.
Started in 2017, the Consulting Services & Solutions (CSS) team has experienced significant growth due to its unique “go-to-market” and engagement delivery approach. Seasoned Creative Circle consulting professionals oversee teams that fit our client’s individual requirements. These teams follow Creative Circle’s innovative delivery framework based on proven methods to deliver managed services and consulting solutions to our clients.
This position will serve as engagement manager for multiple consulting engagements with our clients and will act as a consultant to current and prospective accounts, to understand their needs and recommend appropriate solutions. Position involves client relationship building, executive-level communications/presentations, reviewing and monitoring quality of client deliverables, supervising engagement teams, as well as scoping and estimating new engagements.
As Creative Circle continues to expand their CSS team, this is a great opportunity for the right people to join an entrepreneurial environment and build an emerging business. Our team of consulting professionals is experiencing accelerated growth and opportunities abound as we experience sustained annual growth.
- Manage day-to-day engagement delivery, including the resolution of any matters that arise and all related communications with clients
- Manage client expectations and related client communications, usually in conjunction with Engagement Managing Director
- Provide detailed tracking of Tasks and Deliverables
- Ensure quality and timeliness of Deliverables
- Prepare estimates at completion and monitor/resolve any budget overruns/shortfalls
- Provide status reports of progress on all active engagements
- Manage scope and financials for engagements and assist in keeping the engagement on track for time, budget, and deliverables
- Monitor engagements, ensuring scope and contract compliance
- Manage quality of Delivery and communicate to client and Engagement MD, if issues arise
- Performance management for engagement teams/candidates
- Estimate and scope new project opportunities in support of CSS team and Account Executives
- Preparation of estimates and budgets for new engagements
- Develop new business in new and existing accounts
- Coach and mentor AE’s to enable them to sell new CSS opportunities in existing accounts
- Support existing AE’s to position, propose, sell and close new CSS business
- Develop and maintain client executive and manager-level relationships
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint advanced features
- Understanding and knowledge of project management principles, methodologies, and alternative delivery approaches such as Agile.
- Experience with onboarding/off-boarding associates/consultants at client
- Experience with project management and collaboration tools such as: Slack, AirTable Microsoft Project, Workfront, Basecamp, etc.
- Great customer relationship management focus
- Results oriented with a high sense of urgency to meet client requirements
- Experience with resources planning, budgeting and forecasting
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree with concentration in Business, Marketing or Design
- Agency experience is preferred but not a requirement
- Big 5 Consulting Experience (or similar) at Manager or Senior Manager level
- Experience managing, setting priorities, solving complex problems and selling in a consultative role
- Ability to lead and mentor Creative staffing Sales Directors and Local Account Managers
- Minimum eight (8) years consulting experience
- Performance Manager experience with at least five (5) professionals concurrently
- Successfully managed engagement teams comprised of at least ten (10) professionals per engagement
Compensations and Benefits
- Base salary & bonus potential
- Health Benefits: medical, dental, & vision
- Retirement savings plan
- Time off/sick days
- Training and development opportunities
- Service recognition awards
- Fitness reimbursement
- Referral bonuses
Creative Circle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Creative Circle will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact your Recruiter (the person you'll be interviewing with) or a member of our Human Resources team to make arrangements.