Welspun's Little Rock facilities are state-of-the-art! Employing more than 700 people, Welspun Tubular is one of a kind in technology for producing pipes for oil and gas, and providing a one-stop solution to valued oil and gas customers in and around the United States.
We firmly believe that it’s our people who are the reason behind sustaining our leadership position in the market. At Welspun Tubular, employees are given opportunities to learn, grow and develop and they are rewarded for their contributions.
As a Senior.Accountant, you play a key role in the Accounting team. In this role you will be responsible for maintenance of accounting records per US GAAP/IFRS, supervising the accounts payable function, maintenance of sales tax and fixed asset accounting, prepare the financial statements and be a support in internal and statutory audits.
The ideal candidate will be a CPA and maintain control over his/her direct reports being members of the accounting staff-with responsibility of assigning tasks, oversight over their work products, ensuring timely performance of tasks, periodic reviews of individuals' performance. The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Assists the Senior Manager in the Accounts Payable function and esures accounts payable records are kept updated, while ensuring accuracy and validity of all AP transactions.
- Exercise due diligence over the accounts payable function while assisting the Senior Manager.
- Interacts with other departments including Purchase, Stores, etc. to ensure proper communication and document flow with respect purchases, goods receipts, recording of payables.
- Is responsible for accounting of fixed assets, including proper accounting and recording per GAAP with accurate accumulation of capital costs, dates of capitalization, adequate depreciation and amortization, including additions, disposals, profit & loss on sale, disposal of assets.
- Is responsible for accounting of sales tax, filing of sales tax returns, ensuring incentives related to sales tax are duly claimed and accounted for.
- Responsible for close of books and reporting of financials during month and quarter close, supports senior manager for annual audits and internal audit reviews and provides assistance in financial analysis, projections, and other special projects. *
- Maintains control over his/her direct reports being members of the accounting staff – with responsibility of assigning tasks, oversight over their work products, ensuring timeliness in performance of tasks, periodic review of individual performance etc.
- Other duties assigned from time to time by the Senior Manager/Asst. Controller / Controller, members of Senior Management as needed.
Key education & experience you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized College/ University (3 or 4 year).*
- Professional certifications and licenses such as CPA, ACA (Associate Chartered Accountant) or equivalent is required for this position.**
- Total work experience should not in any case be less than 10 years. At least 3 years in a managerial / Supervisory role.*
Competitive pay and excellent benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision with no waiting period-from first day of hire**
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
Welspun in an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)