The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash Buttons, and Amazon Echo.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We are looking for an intrepid problem-solver to dive into an ambiguous problem space and design and deliver innovative software solutions, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into production.
As an SDE, you will have the opportunity to build cutting edge software around customer experience, cross device APIs or cloud services, frontend and backend technologies. You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing exciting products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver the new products. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness.
If you join us, your opportunities will include:
- Invent a delightful experience for our customers that utilizes Android, Alexa technologies, cloud services, frontend and backend technologies.
- Define and implement novel customer experiences and product direction through collaboration with Product, UX teams and other engineering teams.
- Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 7 years of programming experience in Java or C++; in Linux, Windows, and/or Mac environment
- 5+ years of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object oriented design and code quality verification
- 2+ years of experience building applications on mobile platforms
- Passion for inventing new product designs and technical solutions.
- Experience building applications for Android platform
- Experience driving and articulating technical challenges and solutions.
- Experience creating advanced architectures and sustainable solutions.
- Experience collaborating with UX, Product, and non-technical partners.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience on cloud and back end technologies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation