Provides on-site clinical risk management assessments. Advises, supports and promotes the Health System’s Risk Management Program consultation services, education programs, risk evaluation and reduction strategies and other services as needed.
1. Performs on-site assessments to provide clinical risk management consultative services. Provides strategic insight to sites to develop and enhance patient safety and risk reduction strategies.
2. Investigates, manages, analyzes and leverages clinical risk management data to identify trends and improvement strategies. Inputs pertinent claim information into the Risk Management Database. Prepares reports and recommends solutions to leadership to minimize risk and enhance patient safety.
3. Conducts medical research and literature reviews based on reported trends. Applies critical and analytical skills to clinical risk reduction, legal and regulatory issues.
4. Forms collaborative partnerships with sites, staff, service lines and executive leadership to develop and implement risk reduction programs and strategies.
5. Provides medical record review including preparation of summary reports and participation in Root Cause Analysis Teams related to actual or potential sentinel events.
6. Acts as a liaison to various departments including but not limited to quality management and legal affairs to maintain compliance, support regulatory investigations and disclosures of the health system. Participates in Quality Improvement committees, as requested.
7. Develops, reviews and analyzes proposed administrative and clinical procedures and policies.
8. Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, required. Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner, preferred.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years in healthcare related risk management including knowledge of legal and medical terminology, required. Previous Quality Management experience, preferred.
- Prior experience interpreting healthcare data, productivity management and process improvement systems, required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication and relationship building skills.
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required; CS Stars preferred.