Application Developer in Greenwich, CT 06830
Developer, Application Development and Tools:
Responsible for designing custom applications and tools for one of the Bank's most important investment manager clients in the Asset Servicing space. Works with Business Analyst to understand change requests and defects and to provide an estimate of effort of development required. Develops and packages code, unit tests, and design documentation. Continuously improves applications and solutions to drive down maintenance cost and improve stability of service. Reviews code prior to release to ensure adherence to best practices. Senior developers are expected to hit the ground running, lending their experience to the role. Senior developers are responsible for not only producing excellent solutions of their own to business problems but also to raise the level of quality of the team, through mentorship, leadership, and establishment of processes to ensure excellent design.
- Must be creative, logical, and have good framework thinking.
- Must be open-minded and assertive. Able to give and receive direct feedback.
- Must be goal-oriented and proactive – thinking about not only the tactical solution to the case at hand, but the strategic solution to solve all similar cases.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly
Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 5-7 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Additional notes from hiring manager below:
Will this be temp to perm?
- Strong T-SQL, PL/SQL, with knowledge of database design, objects, and tuning.
- Strong object oriented design and proficiency in at least one object oriented programming language, with knowledge of design patterns and where and when to apply them. Recent experience working in C#, .NET, python, and Powershell.
- Familiarity working in both Agile and Waterfall development lifecycles, as well as using related tools, such as Jira, for collaboration.
- Experience using source control (git, svn, etc) and CI build environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as a team lead or application lead
- Financial services industry experience a plus but not required
How many years of experience are you looking for?
Is financial experience a must?
Definite plus – this is a PLUS but not a MUST HAVE
Yes Bachelor in CS or Engineering
What are the top 3 skills that you’ll be looking for on a resume?
- Object Oriented Programming experience in more than one language (eg. Python, Java, C#, Scala) and a solid understanding of software design patterns and principles.
- Fluent in any flavor of SQL with knowledge of relational database design.
- Knowledge of good SDLC process, unit testing, code promotion, code ownership. Ability to effectively work in an Agile environment, including ability to estimate, communicate, and work closely with business analysts, QA testers, and support teams.