One of the leading Chicagoland Architecture and Engineering Firms, Bailey Edward, is looking for a responsive Mechanical Engineer to become a part of a collaborative, high-energy studio where professional growth and client satisfaction are emphasized. The successful Candidate must have a passion for creating innovative solutions with a desire to grow and maintain Client relationships.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Candidate must be able to apply sound knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and practices in a broad array of assignments. He or she will perform mechanical design work of equipment and systems, developing and reviewing potential projects, and providing support during major project implementation. Additionally, the individual will be required to lead in the execution and coordination of assigned project mechanical work, exhibiting responsibility for accuracy and timeliness of work assigned.
- Model firm values of responsiveness, creativity and professionalism.
- Apply Bailey Edward Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for project and proposal quality and schedule.
- Perform normal and complex aspects of mechanical engineering.
- Plan, schedule and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of mechanical engineering technique, procedures and criteria.
- Interface with clients and suppliers.
- Willing to travel domestically.
- Apply the applicable industry codes and standards to mechanical work performed.
- Review and/or approve mechanical drawings, calculations and equipment/material specifications.
- Interface with other disciplines.
- Promote work share within the other Bailey Edward offices.
- Additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Professional registration required – Illinois licensed PE
- LEED accredited professional preferred
- Experience with mechanical building systems and energy conservation for government, commercial and industrial facilities.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in the design of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems, including: analysis, equipment selection, layout, design and specifications.
- Experience with engineering deliverables such as: mechanical equipment sizing and system sizing calculations, material takeoffs, mechanical layout and detail drawings, mechanical system descriptions, equipment and load lists, and 3-D modeling.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Experience in 2D and 3D graphics
- Experience with REVIT is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accurate attention to detail.
- Demonstrated engineering design efforts from concept through project closeout.
Position Reports to:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package offered
Fox River Grove, IL
May 29, 2020
Fox River Grove , Illinois
Full Time - Experienced
Years of Experience:
4 Year Degree