A multistate solar company has an immediate job opening for a fulltime sales position in the NYC,NJ area.
This position requires excellent people and communication skills, fundamental knowledge of the solar industry and the applicable incentives, and a creative and innovative approach to sales. The ideal candidate would come with established relationships in the NYC, NJ and surrounding areas and be able to sell into residential and commercial market. Compensation plan is negotiable; however standard plan will include a weekly salary plus commissions earned. Our Solar Consultants are well supported by office staff in financing, quoting projects and paperwork. Looking for a candidate with a minimum of one year of sales experience in solar.
The company is an experienced and qualified solar energy contractor with offices in New York and New Jersey.
Initiate and maintain communications with all current and new sales leads, assisting each through the education, qualification, evaluation, pricing, and proposal signing processes. Expand and increase the company’s presence as the solar energy experts in the NYC, NJ area.
Essential Job Functions and Skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the following:
- The financing options for solar.
- The return of solar investments.
- How to size a solar array.
- How to read utility bills to determine electrical needs.
- Local, utility, state and federal incentives availability and how each works.
- State sales tax requirements and exemptions for solar.
- Ability to take initiative in securing new sales leads.
- Timely response to all inquiries from all sources.
- Assist with set up and tear down of trade show booths and open houses.
- Presenting solar seminars at open houses, trade shows, and other educational venues.
- Awareness of media outlets being accessed by various potential customers groups to assist the direction of our advertising investments.
- Clear, open and honest communication with current customers after the sale and during and after installation.
- Maintaining good relationships with customers.
- Securing written, verbal and video testimonial from customers.
- Updating and maintaining company Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database with new leads, progress on existing leads, appointments scheduled and kept, and other data available to be tracked by the software.
- Engage in regular communication and active accountability with the Branch Manager on the progress of all leads.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Friendly, personable and a love of meeting and connecting with people.
- Communicating activities, contacts and appointments with management.
- Willingness to educate oneself on how to sell solar in NYC,NJ.
- Established business and social connections in NYC,NJ.
- Minimum of one year of experience in solar sales.
Base Salary plus commission
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $35,000.00 /year
- sales: 2 years (Required)