Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry’s leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
Interested in contributing to the creation of the next-gen Hybrid Datacenter? Want to work with other smart and exciting people who are changing the way people think about their data? Want to join an innovating, fast growing, highly profitable business?
NetApp ONTAP Cloud Volumes offer robust enterprise storage services that are delivered using our native cloud file service on major hyperscalers such as AWS, Azure, GCP and many more. It combines the best of the cloud, in terms of agility and granular capacity scaling, with the flexibility, resilience, and cost efficiency. Leading organizations worldwide count on NetApp for software, systems and services to manage and store their data. Customers value our teamwork, expertise and passion for helping them succeed now and into the future.
The NetApp ONTAP cloud team is looking for strong software engineers to join the team that’s building the products that will shape the world’s software defined datacenters and improve IT ability to manage storage in the cloud.
As a member of the team you will:
design, develop and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products, and participate in activities that include testing and debugging of operating systems and drivers that run NetApp storage applications. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
Work within agile project teams, continuously releasing application software
· Responsible for ensuring the timely and high-quality release of modules in ONTAP Cloud
· participate in any and/or all phases of the product development cycle from product definition and design
· Have fun while being challenged and learning something new every day
Expected to demonstrate skills and lead the efforts in systems engineering and Driver Development and Debugging, Reliability, Performance analysis, Critical and/or high visibility customer support
· As part of a team, you will lead and participate in technical discussions within the immediate group and across functions, where evaluating and executing design and development plans for products are reviewed.
· You will have direct influence on the decisions and outcomes related to project direction.
· Beneficial to have experience with and understanding Enterprise storage systems (NFS,CIFS, iSCSI) and NetApp storage management applications (OnCommand Cloud Manager, OnCommand Unified Manager, SnapDrive & SnapManager)
· Exposure in virtualization technologies
Exposure to Containers and Kubernetes
· Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Azure and GCP
· Deep expertise and hands on experience with development in C/C++ and Python
· Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
· Proven abilities in the following disciplines: software testing, unit test case writing, automated script development and process improvement
Knowledge of FreeBSD and storage drivers is a plus.
· Recognized expert in a portion of product area- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
· Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
· Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation.
· Responsible for a mix of structured and unstructured tasks
· Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems
· Perform software development and testing within the Software Defined Core Infrastructure (SDCI) group in problem solving and design efforts
· Work within agile project teams, continuously releasing application software
· Responsible for ensuring the timely and high-quality release of modules in ONTAP Select
· Interact primarily with direct manager and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions within the business unit as required.
· General direction is provided on routine work and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments. There will be on-going reviews of activities and priorities.
· Participate as an important contributor to team projects
Responsible for unstructured tasks and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives, creative approaches and with more interdependencies
· Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation Interaction
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or an equivalent degree.
· Passion for writing high quality code
· Broad knowledge of computer science fundamentals
About Ontap Cloud
ONTAP Cloud is a software-only storage appliance that runs the ONTAP data management software in the cloud. You can use ONTAP Cloud for production workloads, disaster recovery, DevOps, file shares, and database management.
ONTAP Cloud extends enterprise storage to the cloud with the following key features:
- Storage efficiencies
Leverage built-in data deduplication, data compression, thin provisioning, and cloning to minimize storage costs.
- High availability
Ensure enterprise reliability and continuous operations in case of failures in your cloud environment (AWS only).
- Data replication
ONTAP Cloud leverages SnapMirror, NetApp’s industry-leading replication technology, to replicate on-premises data to the cloud so it’s easy to have secondary copies available for multiple use cases.
- Data tiering
Switch between high and low-performance storage pools on-demand without taking applications offline (AWS only).
- Application consistency
Ensure consistency of NetApp Snapshot copies using the NetApp SnapManager tool suite.
- Data security
Secure your data at rest with advanced data encryption (AWS only).
Leading organizations worldwide count on NetApp for software, systems and services to manage and store their data. Customers value our teamwork, expertise and passion for helping them succeed now and into the future.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled