Georgia State Games
(Georgia’s Grass Roots Olympics)
Executive Assistant / Administrative Coordinator
The Georgia State Games is one of the largest Amateur Olympic-Style Sports Festivals in the country. We rely HEAVILY on top quality interns to operate many of our sporting Projects and Programs.
- We are seeking top level, organized, team oriented, talented, aggressive, outgoing and innovative interns to assist in the preparation and implementation for this year's events. This internship is NOT for the student looking to get by, be a social butterfly or to party for the semester.
- All applicants must have strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Past experience being extremely organized and proactive
Potential Benefits of a Georgia Games Internship:
This is a tremendous experience! We have tons of interns from across the country last year. The interns get a GREAT, HANDS-ON experience. No fetching coffee. Real life planning AND implementation of public relations activities and programs is what they will experience.
- Earn academic credit
- Real life on-the-job experience with BIG time responsibilities that other internships do not provide. See description on second page for details.
- Internships include semester-long and part time positions
- Internship program has been offered since 1990
- Students have come from the following US States: AK, AL, AR, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MS, MN, NC, ND, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI and WV and from the countries of Canada, England, Germany and Hungary just to intern with the Georgia Games.
- Internships are first offered to students completing the internship for academic credit.
- Interns have turned down the United State Olympic Committee, Professional and College programs to intern with the Georgia Games.
* Priority will be given to those students completing the internship for academic credit and/or for a graduation requirement.
* Priority will be given to students currently enrolled in college.
Go to www.georgiagames.org under internships and complete an:
2) Sports questionnaire
4) Cover letter.
5) Samples Photography samples and/or portfolio
Submit ASAP via email
The Executive Assistant will be the right hand assistant of the Georgia State Games Executive Director. Will oversee and implement various procedural changes including the database, office staffing management, accounting aspects of account payables and some receivables. Will ensure office protocols are adhered to and office is staffed at all times.
Activities / Tasks
The Executive Assistant is responsible for the below areas:
- Manage the Georgia Games Athlete database cleanup
- Manage the Georgia Games Scholastic Sports Olympiad entry
- Input the 15-25% of athlete forms into the database
- Assist with managing the Georgia Games volunteer program
- Act as on-site promotional coordinator attending events promoting and recruiting for the Georgia Games.
- Manage the college intern college recruitment database
- Oversee all aspects and staffing of the management of the summer fundraising program with TNT
- Promote all Georgia Games programs.
- Maintain contact with the Games staff through meetings and the communications center.
- Complete database of internship programs and contacts lists with full demographic data including email addresses.
- List should include full contact information for all colleges in North America for all below majors.
- All data for program directors, intern coordinators and ALL professors must be compiled
- Sports Management / Recreation / Leisure Services / Hospitality / Event Mgmt. / Etc.
- Public Relations / Communications / journalism / Etc.
- Non-Profit / Humantics / Volunteer Mgmt. / Etc.
- Logistics / Transportation / Marketing / Etc.
- Fund Raising / Sales / Marketing / Sponsorship orientated / Etc.
- Graphic Design / Photography / etc.
- Website Design / Computer Science / Etc.
- Act as special project coordinator to the Commission’s Executive Director to complete all other assigned projects.
Line of Authority
- The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director.
- This position will also work closely with all departments, sports chairs and other interns overseeing all sports.
Job Type: Internship
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 to $0.01 /year