Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Skills (Desired Abilities):
- Serves as the goodwill ambassador for the venue and is the primary advocate of the asset. Is highly regarded as a dynamic presence within their respective catchment by the corporate office, social, charitable, municipal and educational institutions:
- Possess apparent style and relevance that is congruent with the socioeconomic and sociocultural characteristics of the demographic constituency served by the venue.
- Is engrained in the community, involved with organizations, local government and external trade groups that provide measurable opportunity to positively impact company objectives.
- Masterfully combines gravitas with innovation (e.g. commands respect while serving as a change agent).
- Maintains a proactive stance as it relates to procuring differentiated local and regional tenancy as well as sponsorship opportunities:
- Regularly and frequently canvasses the market and industry, serving as a de facto venture capitalist regarding the identification of the most interesting merchants, service providers, entertainment venues and food and beverage purveyors within the catchment.
- In addition to identification of prospective partnerships, has unequivocal knowledge of the Washington Prime Group tool kit and ensures it is fully leveraged (e.g. what we can offer a prospect including common area and outdoor utilization, physical marketing collaboration, event planning, social media, technology support, demographic analysis, etc.)
- Cultivates existing relationships to include merchants, service providers, business partners, sponsors and all others. Ensures a user-friendly environment that allows each to flourish, via sales and guest traffic.
- Driver of the business and principal leader of a team that is dedicated to the venue. In effect runs a company / asset that clearly recognizes and respects the significance of its role as a town center:
- Recruits, develops, motivates and retains a high performing local team.
- Has detailed understanding of regional developments and proactively communicates such with partners cross-functionally, to include Leasing, Specialty Leasing, Development, Sponsorship and Marketing.
- The General Manager is not operationally centric, but is responsible for:
- Tracking and maximizing the financial performance of the asset, to include all income, expenses, capital improvements, budgets, forecasts, sales and traffic generation.
- Commanding the daily and emergency operating requirements of the venue, as well as formation of long-term strategic plans that ensure the provision of a high quality asset.
- Heavily leveraging regional and corporately provided support to maximize efficiency of all operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position is responsible for Bloomingdale Court, Countryside Plaza, Forest Plaza, Lake Plaza, Lake View Plaza, and Matteson Plaza
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Strong communication skills: oral, written, presentation, and influencing
- People leadership skills, coupled with a focus upon team collaboration
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Creative and dynamic in attitude and style
- Adaptable to a rapidly changing environment
- A strong value system, unquestioned integrity and good listening skills
- Exercise good judgment skills
- Ability to think innovatively and implement with a sense of urgency
- Strong negotiation / sales skillset
- Problem solver – ability to identify problems and bring issues to resolution proactively
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize and meet commitments
Washington Prime Group offers:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, 401k with no vesting schedule, and paid time off
On-going learning opportunities within a rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different WPG departments and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth