GA Light Piston Engine Technician – A&P (Woodland, CA)
Advanced Helicopter Services is a medium sized full-service helicopter and fixed wing facility headquartered in Northern California. We provide worldwide around the clock service and support. Our AHS team consists of highly qualified factory trained technicians and knowledgeable support specialists that take pride in their work in the area of safety, reliability and responsiveness. We hope you’ll join us as we continue to commit to customer service, innovation, and build what comes next on our mission to be the best.
AHS values our employees and their families. All full-time employees are offered 100% paid medical*, dental and vision plans for its employees. Family medical is 50% employer paid. We also offer life/AD&D insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Account, supplemental insurance and Paid Time Off.
*medical base plan is 100% covered.
Maintains and repairs aircraft structures and related components including flight controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components. Applies technical knowledge of A&P systems to determine equipment malfunctions and applies expertise in restoring aircraft to safe, airworthy condition. This position reports directly to the Airframe Services Program Manager.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must ensure aircraft are safely maintained in accordance with the Airworthiness Standards prescribed by applicable Regulations, Airworthiness Directives and Standard Practice.
- Maintains records in compliance with FAA and company requirements.
- Uses work order/inventory control system software.
- Maintains premises of the shop facility in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintains equipment, tools and facilities in serviceable and working condition.
- Meets all job/Work Order deadlines, communicating to supervisor and manager when circumstances may prevent on-time completion.
- Assures proper information is shared i.e. job timelines, shop issues, parts delays, and change orders.
- Additional job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving Ability
- Current, valid A&P license with verifiable experience
- Experience with light piston engine airplanes – minimum 3 years
- Clean & valid driver’s license
- Ability to use company software programs
- Must be eligible for DOD clearance
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and FAA regulated drug tests prior to start.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Cessna 206 and 210 series, Piper and Beechcraft aircraft will be given preference
- Willingness to cross train on rotor wing
- Understanding and experience within a Part 145 repair station
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The work environment is often not temperature/humidity controlled. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to bend, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time, non-exempt based in our Woodland, CA shop. Hours may vary but typical hours are Monday – Friday 8am-4:30pm with opportunity for overtime.
This position may require occasional travel. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 - $43.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Woodland, CA 95695: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- What light fixed wing piston aircraft models do you have exp on?
- What aircraft models do you have experience on?
- GA Light Aircraft Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- GA Fixed Wing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Airframe & Powerplant License (Required)
Work Location: In person