Innovative Beverage Concepts (IBC) has two well established brands, MOCAFE & MODERN OATS, in its portfolio within the coffee and Consumer Package Goods (CPG) segment. IBC was founded by two partners with a mission to develop incredible tasting coffee, tea, coco and smoothie mixes that help our customers offer incredible drinks to their customers. IBC utilizes premium ingredients, sourced around the globe, and innovated new and exciting offerings which are all produced in the United States.
What is the Role?
IBC is seeking a full-time, ambitious, energetic and hungry Business Development Representative to help grow its foodservice, retail, distribution, restaurant and mass retail business from our Irvine, California Headquarters. This role will be responsible for both opening new accounts as well as managing and growing existing account performance and relationships. You will manage our top customers and key accounts by building relationships with them to further investigate and understand their needs and how IBC can partner with them to expand their business. Daily, you will be closely working with the Marketing Department to receive, qualify and convert leads into new customers. Because you are the face of IBC, the first to interact with our customers, you will help identify their needs and work with the internal team to ensure that the customer expectations are met and that we continue to exceed satisfaction and main a healthy partnership with all IBC customers. This position requires a self-motivated hunter who is organized, energetic, and personable with some experience in the food and/or beverage industry.
The following duties reflect management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Develop and Maintain an organized list of key accounts in the assigned territory
- Sell Loco to retailers in coordination with local distributors and brokers
- Be the passionate face of the brand in your respective market
- Work with our distributor partners, educate them about either brand or both and support performance in market
- Receive, qualify and convert leads into new customers. Work closely with the Marketing Department to optimize lead quality and conversion costs. Accountable for closing leads. Be able to report on conversion rate.
- Manage and manage existing customer accounts by contacting them via phone or email to ensure they are satisfied with their IBC partnership as well as their business needs are met.
- Identify and analyze key accounts to contact for cross sell opportunities. Recommend products and ideas to help they grow their business - such as, suggesting products they don’t care or subscribing to our email newsletters for news and promos.
- Assist with all sales tactics and initiatives including but not limited to Chain accounts, working with DSD distributor sales reps, independent accounts, in-store demos, merchandising, display building, route rides, local field marketing events, and distributor blitz’s both in home region and external regions
- Be an expert in IBC products and assist customers with their inquiries, questions and concerns.
- Work with our distributor partners, educate them about IBC brands, and support performance in market.
- Direct customers to place orders online or takes customer orders via phone or email, create new account, process orders and enters in to accounting system (SAGE100).
- Manage, maintain and scrub customer database through Salesforce CRM system.
- Set up new customer account, create customer Opportunities, create customer New Task activity schedule and maintain customer account information.
- Process and follow-up on customer product samples.
- Ability to run and analyze sales data and tracking.
- Occasionally, answer, screen, place and direct calls on multi-line phone system in a courteous and professional manner; take messages and/or forward telephone calls to appropriate employee and voice mail.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Support other departments as needed.
This is primarily an office job, with great people and thus, looking to add another great person to the team. As such, if this sounds like something you are perfect for wonderful! We just want to reiterate this and for those individuals that are truly hungry to own their territory and be compensated for it!
- 1-3 years of sales experience is a must; preferably within food and/or beverage industry
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong Customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic selling skills and passion for quickly developing meaningful relationships and not afraid to close deals quickly
- Innovative and creative in approaching accounts and expanding business
- Ability to formulate and execute account strategies
- Background in consumer-packaged goods (CPG)
- Prior experience working with brokers and coffee specialty is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional and comfortable on the phone.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Happy to travel outside key territory when required and ability to work flexible hours when needed
- Proficient on Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word & Salesforce.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be motivated and competitive
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
Typical start time:
Typical end time: