Garan Lucow Miller, PC is seeking a full-time/Receptionist/Legal Secretary to provide support in the Firm's Grand Blanc office. The Receptionist /Legal Secretary will manage the front desk, answer phones, attend to visitors, and supply information regarding the Firm to callers, clients, and guests as well as handle any secretary overflow work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer incoming calls; determine purpose of calls, and forward calls to appropriate personnel or voicemail.
- Greet visitors entering the office.
- Notify individual(s) with whom the visitors have appointments.
- Track hand deliveries upon receipt.
- Maintain the conference rooms, reception area, and kitchen, cleaning and stocking supplies as needed.
- Provide additional administrative assistance such as filing, copying, scanning, mail delivery, office errands, and court filings.
- Provide backup assistance to secretaries such as dictation, time entry, preparing correspondence/pleadings, and mail processing.
- Maintain office supplies by checking stock and re-stocking as needed.
- Maintain client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Other duties include acting as file clerk for office, closing and indexing files, and preparing files to be shredded.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Reliable and strong work ethic.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma with one to two years’ experience.
- Strong knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of customer service practices and principals.
- Knowledge and ability to answer multi-line phone system.
- Knowledge of legal terminology preferred.
Job Type: Full-time