Customer Success Manager (CSM)
Customer Success & Support I San Francisco, CA | Seattle, WA | Chicago, IL | New York, NY | Atlanta, GA | Austin, TX | Los Angeles, CA
Collaborate with our customers while providing consulting services and technical support to help them leverage their use of our products for maximum impact.
The (High Touch) CSM is an adoption consultant that is responsible for a portfolio of customers; ensuring their lifetime value and usage of DocuSign. The CSM working closely with key cross functional teams, including sales, account management, and professional services, will define, develop and execute effective customer adoption strategies that support their customer's specific industry and use cases and business outcomes. The role supports DocuSign's strategic imperative to accelerate customer adoption, use and time to value.
The CSM serves as a key post-sale resource for customers. Using in-depth knowledge of the customer, their business/industry and specific use cases. together with a deep knowledge of the product (functional and technical) to increase adoption of DocuSign products. The CSM is able to discuss and advise on core functionality and features beyond the fundamentals, to help the customer achieve specific business results and maximum value. Working with resources across the Customer Success organization and sales, the CSM may recommend specific free and for fee solutions to help customers achieve desired outcomes. They ensure best practices are adopted for product use.
She/He plays a key role in identifying risks, and opportunities and for recognizing additional revenue potential, including upsell and cross-sell of related products. The CSM will support the customer renewal process and be measured on renewal and retention results.
The CSM will work cross-functionally; coordinating with different areas of the company, including Marketing, Sales, Professional Services, Engineering, Finance, Training, and/or Support. The primary focus of this role is adoption and usage of the DocuSign products, with the aspiration of supporting increased value for customers and financial growth and expansion for DocuSign.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Director of Customer Success.
Differentiating Result #1
Meet/Exceed target "Adoption Index" scores, including meeting/exceeding "Adoption Index Band" percentage targets for assigned portfolio.
Differentiating Result #2
Meet/Exceed target NNMRR (upsell and churn) targets for assigned portfolio / whole book of business (incl. up-market portfolios)
Differentiating Result #3
Increased customer satisfaction and value as measured by decreases in Churn and increases in upsell and cross-sell.
Adoption Plan Creation & Measurement (30%)
Development and Execution of successful Adoption Plans, in collaboration with Account Management & Sales, for their designated portfolio of accounts. Successful execution is measured as:
Acceleration and maximization of DocuSign product adoption
Increase "Adoption Index" score – mitigating churn, increasing "propensity to upsell", moving customer into higher score segments.
Measure the results of executed activation strategies to inform future modification and/or development; Provide cross-functional (Customer Success, Engineering, Sales) input into thematic opportunities for adoption improvement
Provide Adoption-related insights to ongoing QBR's, business reviews, and account renewals
Driving Execution of Adoption Plans (50%)
Drive "Adoption Plan" execution and associated customer interactions within assigned portfolio/segment
Coordinate and marshal internal resources and capabilities to support the adoption plan
Account team/sales alignment and engagement (20%)
Collaborate and communicate with account team(s) to ensure alignment on plans, drive transparency of current execution states for the assigned portfolio and any changes or updates to customer's overall status.
Learn and use data and analytics. Background in leveraging analytics through a variety of tools to inform and execute strategies & playbooks by customer segment to better product adoption.
DocuSign Product Aptitude:
Strong understanding, beyond fundamentals of product / platform features and capabilities, common customer applications, and solution marketecture.
Use Industry/Vertical experience to proactively identify and recommend solutions that assist the customer with adoption of their use cases. Support customers meeting their specific business objectives.
Strong verbal and written communications skills. The ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization and cross functionally; influence and advocate on behalf of the customer.
Think strategically and identify creative solutions to meet customer needs and opportunities.
Ability to anticipate change and proactively adjust priorities and strategies accordingly. Ability to work both in a team, and independently, to make the best decisions for our customers.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school
- 10+ years of experience working within customer success, account management or professional services for a SaaS organization
- Experience with SaaS customer success, professional services, or account management capacity
- Currently work directly with external customers, providing unparalleled customer experiences
- An expert with broad and unique knowledge in building sound customer success models.
- Significant expertise in driving enterprise level, customer enablement in a cloud, SaaS service
- Proven customer success professional with strong ability to articulate vision, strategy, and plans.
- Work in matrixed environments to drive achievement of adoption, retention, and upsell objectives.
- Demonstrated experience developing as a SME with SaaS applications, with DocuSign experience preferred.
- Ability to interact with and influence all levels, from individual contributors (ie. System *Administrators) to leaders (ex. Executive Sponsors
- Above-average communication skills to create and convey customer objectives, success strategies, and customer insights for internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, highly collaborative, creative, goal-oriented and team-centric.
- Some level of industry knowledge and their key business processes
- Demonstrated organizational and operational skills that allow you to manage and support customers at scale.
Customer Success & Support @ DocuSign
At DocuSign, we measure our success by our customers' success. We collaborate with our customers to help them leverage their use of our products for maximum impact. Our global Customer Success and Support team provides consulting services and technical support on-site and over the phone support. We ensure that all our customers are satisfied, and are DocuAdvocates. You are the eyes and ears of our company and provide insightful customer feedback to the rest of the organization so we can improve the user experience and make it one that consistently exceeds expectations.