AmWest Funding Corp. was originally founded in 1995. The organization is driven by a highly successful management team possessing an average of two decades of experience among its core leadership. Focused on providing home loans responsibly throughout the communities we serve, our goal is to provide an exceptional customer experience for our business partners. Together, we can help our partners achieve the dream of home ownership and to take advantage of today’s real estate investment opportunities. AmWest Funding is a Direct Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Seller/Servicer as well as an approved Ginnie Mae Issuer.
Responsible for assisting the National Branch Manager and overseeing several branches across the United States, while working closely with the Executive Leadership Team to develop and implement processes and strategy for growth of the company’s Wholesale Mortgage Channel.
- Knowledge of credit underwriting and property evaluation
- Perform timely reviews of stipulations/conditions submitted
- Analyze loan packages to deliver valid credit decisions
- Maintain quality control standards & production standards by company's definition
- Provide stellar customer service to all staff by effectively explaining credit decisions
- Perform other job related duties and collaborate with administrative team on special projects as required
- Must possess a minimum of 3 current years of experience in underwriting FHA and Conventional loans
- Thorough understanding and strong working knowledge of credit, underwriting, credit policy and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of DU and LP
- Strong credit, risk analysis, and analytical skills
- Be able to examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Service oriented with great personality
- Ability to work with loan originators and production staff to acquire all required documentation
- Be familiar with fraud detection techniques.
- Correspondent banking experience a plus.
- Must have strong credit, risk analysis and analytical skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- underwriting Conv / FHA / VA: 3 years (Required)