At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for a talented Animation Gameplay Programmer who is passionate about gameplay and character mechanics. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's unique game development studio in Carlsbad, CA.
- We create exciting and believable player and AI characters.
- We develop systems to deliver high quality player and non-player character movement using AI and Animation technology.
- We work as a global team across multiple studios as well as working closely with animators, designers and artists.
- We follow an iterative process where we tune and polish features to establish the correct look and feel for the game.
- Work alongside animators, programmers and designers to create world class in-game animated characters with a focus on realism and responsiveness.
- Support animators, programmers and designers interacting with the locomotion system and help them surpass their vision.
- Research and implement new ideas and techniques that have the potential to push our systems forward and stay cutting edge.
- Focus on the small things. Our attention to detail is what sets our games apart.
- Create efficient systems that are performant and can scale.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Solid C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Great team communication skills.
- Knowledge of common animation technologies, such as animation trees.
- Passion for playing and creating cutting edge video game experiences.
- A keen eye for qualitative issues is essential.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience working on advanced AI or Gameplay features on an existing game project.
- Experience working with motion matching or similar methods for character animation.
- Experience with machine learning, reinforcement learning or other techniques for character control and animation.
- Multi-threaded and network programming experience
- In-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you've got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.