REGISTERED NURSE (RN) or LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) - Casual / Per Diem
Opportunities Available for 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
Our licensed nurses are responsible and accountable for the direct care of residents. These positions make decisions related to resident care and resolves resident care issues and problems. Nurses provide comprehensive nursing care, assist with resident care planning and observe resident health conditions. Additional responsibilities include managing multiple priorities and assisting in overseeing Nurse Aides to ensure that quality care is delivered to residents. Our nurses assist Nurse Aides with a variety of resident care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the residents.
- Evaluates resident needs, condition and care. Assists in developing nursing care plans for individual residents, including rehabilitative and restorative activities and instruction in self-help.
- Checks physician orders, transfer and pre-admission information.
- Arranges for diagnostic and therapeutic services as ordered by the physician within or out of the convent. Orders prescribed medications, requisitions supplies and medical equipment.
- Transcribes physician’s orders according to Care Center procedures and policies.
- Periodically reviews care plans with resident’s physician and nursing team.
- Distributes medication, maintains narcotic records, resident records, and performs charting duties.
- Assists in the orientation of new nursing employees.
- Provides instruction and supervises Nurse Aides as needed.
- Performs and supervises individualized personal care for residents in accordance with the established nursing care plan and within scope of licensure.
- Report changes in resident condition to physician and any other appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Fulfills Nurse Aide duties as required to meet care needs of Sisters.
- Exhibits behavior that supports a person-centered culture of care where resident has a voice and a share in decision making regarding plan of care.
Education and Experience:
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in the state where the Care Center is located.
- Current license in good standing.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program; Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience preferred.
- Long-term care experience preferred.
Benefits for casual employees:
- Free Parking
- Pay Increases
- Competitive Pay
- Sprint Discount
- Verizon Discount
- Wellness Program
- Emergency Assistance Fund
Job Type: Part-time