Full Job Description
The DDS is responsible for providing guidance to the dental practice, as well as direct dental care services in collaboration with other PrimeCare Community Health staff to patients of all age groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides and manages direct dental diagnosis, treatment, procedures, and care for a specified patient population.
2. Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed dental conditions.
3. Refers patient to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
4. Manages the daily operations of patient care, as appropriate to the objective of the dental clinic.
5. Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of dental technical and support staff as required.
6. Follows established department policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
7. As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health/dental promotion, education and/or prevention and risk assessments.
8. Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients and risk protocols.
9. Manages the dental office infection control plan to meet OSHA, CDC, ADA, and HIPAA Standards.
10. Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills or Abilities
1. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
2. Knowledge of community-based Dental practices.
3. Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
4. Knowledge of current principles, methods, and procedures for the delivery of dental evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment in area of expertise.
5. Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
6. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
7. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
9. Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for delivery of dental care.
10. Ability to observe, assesses, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress
11. Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosage and instruct patients in correct usage.
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
Must be able to move around the clinic site 50% of the time.
Constantly operates a computer, computer printer, copy machine, and telephone.
Occasionally positions self to maintain exertion of physical strength to move objects of 10 pounds from one level to another.
Must be able to transport from one site to another.
Must be able to cover other shifts as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Experience, or Licensure/Registration
1. Licensed as a dentist in the state of Illinois.
2. CPR, Infection Control, and other training certificates as required.
3. 2+ years of clinical work experience in a community health center setting preferred.