Job Action Number:
Student Srvcs Representative
4B=Technical and Office Professional
$11.57 probationary; $12.40 working
STUDENT SERVICE CENTER
Number of Openings:
Exempt employees are not eligible for overtime; Non-exempt are overtime eligible.
Traditionally Monday-Friday, 10:00 am-4:30 pm; 30 hours per week.
Is this a grant funded or term position?
If yes, what is the grant or term end date?
Provide a brief statement of the position duties.
Provide high level customer service to include analyzing, interpreting and explaining complex student account data; assisting with problem resolution; and processing financial transactions for the Student Service Center.
High School Graduation or Equivalent
Required Specialized Training/Certifications:
Required Minimum Work Experience:
Three years of progressive office work experience:
processing records and information, data input and maintaining department data base information; meetings, documents, reports, etc.
Knowledge, skills, abilities or attributes required.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Customer and personal service skills to include assessing customer needs and utilizing independent action to provide solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication and comprehension skills.
- Time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently operate departmental equipment to include any combination of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, e-mail or web-based applications.
- Attention to detail.
No travel required
Application Types Accepted:
Required Applicant Documents:
Optional Applicant Documents:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Contact for this posting:
Associate Director of Human Resources-Compensation and Staffing
Northern Michigan University is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in employment or the provisions of services. NMU provides, upon request, reasonable accommodation including auxiliary aids and services necessary to afford individuals with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in all programs and activities. Persons having inquiries regarding discrimination/complaints may contact the Equal Opportunity Office at (906) 227-2420.
Quicklink for Posting: