Full Job Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360® and GuardantOMNI® , for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360® has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
Our team is looking for an experienced enterprise architect to create best in class solutions for regulated molecular diagnostic products developed in a clinical laboratory setting.
As a member of the software team, you will:
● Work across technology stacks and datasets building on our research in human genomics
● Have a holistic view of business processes and systems involved in development of new products and operationalizing them in a regulated healthcare environment
● Have deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities of global, multi-product expansion of clinical laboratory based diagnostic tests
● Understand and broadly utilize out-of-the-box capabilities of COTS platforms and how to extend or integrate with custom apps
● Analyze complex requirements, create simple designs, vet with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams
● Work with development teams to understand limitations and capabilities of deployed technology stacks
● Evaluate new technologies based on technical and business needs - provide recommendations and implementation plans
● Evaluate technology and implementation vendors for fitness, compliance, sustainability and costs to provide recommendations
● Create artifacts, such as design and implementation, to guide development, implementation and support
● Optimize SDLC process and tools for speed and quality
● Develop prototype solutions to test ideas and use feedback to improve solution designs
● Collect evidence from system bottlenecks or defects to educate and train software engineers on improved design patterns
● Mentor engineers who are on an architect career track
● Provide support for internal and external audits
You enjoy an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment. You understand every aspect of the software development lifecycle, from requirements to production support. You are a technologist with passion for healthcare and helping patients.
You can collaborate within and across teams, understand the big picture, create multi-system integrated software designs and ensure their successful implementation. You work autonomously and collaboratively, bringing together multiple teams and functions. You are dedicated to excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance multiple variables to bring the best solution to light. You are a champion of agile/scrum. You know the value of the written word and can create right-sized documentation. You seek feedback and integrate it in a professional manner.
In addition, you bring:
● 10+ years of enterprise software development using commonly deployed tech stacks (on-premise and cloud)
● 5+ years of working with and managing COTS platforms such as LIMS, CRM and ERP
● 5+ years of working with Amazon Web Services or other cloud services
● 5+ years of experience developing and consuming RESTFul APIs using RAML, Swagger / OpenAPI
● 5+ years of successfully utilizing an integration platform preferably Mulesoft
● 5+ years of building solutions that utilize internal and external-facing integrations
● 5+ years of working in healthcare or life sciences
● Hands-on experience with data modeling, developing schemas (relational databases, XML/JSON), data management and processing (relational and NoSQL data stores)
● Understanding of laboratory operations, regulations and compliance in the healthcare industry is highly desired
● Experience of building integrations with Electronic Medical Record systems (EMR/EHR) is a big plus
● Experience working in a fast-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework, understanding of test automation and continuous integration
● Minimum education at Bachelor degree level in software engineering, CS, EE or related field
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.