Access is looking for top-notch software engineers who are passionate about developing software for the JVM. We are primarily a Java/Spring shop, but we do maintain Scala/Akka Streams applications.
The Senior Software Engineer is involved in the design, architecture, and development of REST API micro-services, web applications, and other software solutions used by millions of customers.
All of our applications are hosted by Amazon Web Services. Our build server is Jenkins. Our continuous delivery pipeline is powered by CodePipeline/CodeDeploy. We communicate via Slack and our issue tracker is JIRA.
Access Development is the best-kept software secret in the Wasatch Front. We're big believers in the OKR approach to getting things done. A software project begins with an idea, which can come from anyone in the company. Our Product team vets the concept by building mockups to test actual users, interviewing customers, and evaluating risks. The result is a well thought out product that stands a fighting chance of success before we write a single line of code.
We have the best work/live balance of any software company.
This position is based in our Salt Lake City office next to the beautiful Jordan River trail system.
- Work with small, cross-functional, and co-located teams to architect, design and implement
high-quality software solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 6-8 years relevant web/api application development experience, including:
- Experience with build tools, such as Gradle, Maven, SBT
- 6+ years experience developing Java Applications
- 4+ years experience with Spring Boot
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience with Linux in a server environment
- Experience developing on Linux or Mac (or Windows - if you must)
- Experience with developing JDBC or ORM DAOs; familiarity with Postgresql is a plus
- Comfortable working with Git on the command line
- Experience with GitFlow (or similar) branching model
- Experience with message systems, such as RabbitMQ
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- History of working as a team player in a dynamic environment
Nice to have
- Spring Boot 2.0
- AWS EC2, S3
- Scala experience. Play Framework, Akka Streams
- Experience working in an agile Kanban environment
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply for this position, please complete an Initial on-line Job Application and attach your resume and cover letter at http://www.accessdevelopment.com/careers/
Access Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Access Development does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected class under federal, state or local laws.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.