My client is a privately-owned wholesale coffee roaster based in Seattle, Washington. This position will report to the co-owners. Before applying, consider the following:
- At this time, only candidates who live in Seattle, WA will be screened.
- This position is located south of Georgetown so consider commuting time.
- Distribution/Warehouse/Inventory experience is required so please make sure this is highlighted on your resume if you have it.
- Experience with Dynamics GP is a huge plus, will consider equivalent experience such as MAS 90, MAS 200, SAGE or similar accounting software. Again, highlight this experience on your resume.
- This position is requiring 5 - 7 years of experience, and the budgeted salary range is reflective of this.
The Accounting Manager will lead the general accounting function and will be responsible for GL management, financial reporting, tax compliance and supporting management with budgeting/forecasting. Overall this position, along with the Office Manager will support all operational functions across the company. This position will work closely with the Office Manager, who handles A/P, A/R and Payroll. The Accounting Manager will have a large amount of discretion to improve existing processes to create an efficient general accounting function.
- Temporary project work will include: Assist the external Dynamics GP software implementation company (VAR) to ensure the accounts are being imported and mapped correctly from QuickBooks to Dynamics. The VAR will be handling the bulk of the work. The Accounting Manager will assist with exporting key data from QuickBooks into the excel templates for this data to be mapped by the VAR into Dynamics. This role will check accuracy of balances and verify the new Chart of Accounts is set up correctly. The goal is to complete the migration and conversion by the beginning of 2019.
- Utilize the new Dynamics GP reporting tools to develop reporting structure to support payroll, all tax filings (city, state and federal) as well as budgeting and forecasting, and inventory management, costing and profitability reports.
- Direct ownership of the general ledger and account reconciliations; internal financial reporting to executive management as needed on a monthly, quarterly, yearly basis by service line, by geographic distribution and store location.
- Direct ownership of tax reporting and compliance at a multi-city, multi-state and federal level, including understanding of the nexus of selling and shipping equipment between states. Work directly with the external CPA firm for federal tax return filings and compliance. Interface directly with city and state agencies to ensure accurate and timely filings and compliance.
- Support executive management with budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning. Report on Key Performance Indicators as requested.
- Assist and support the Office Manager with the day-to-day accounting including, but not limited to, A/R, A/P and payroll processing.
- Point of contact with outsourced IT vendors to support the retail POS system, the accounting system and internal computer systems.
- Establish internal policies and procedures for key business processes, specifically to support company growth, adding new distribution and retail locations and additional employees. Work to improve and maintain existing procedures, including create ways to save time and money.
- Work closely with operational managers to understand and communicate financial and operational results and support the managers as needed.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Distribution, Warehousing and Inventory control and management, FIFO, etc. REQUIRED.
- Experience with Dynamics GP (or similar) accounting software is REQUIRED! Will consider experience with MAS 90, MAS 200, SAGE or similar accounting software.
- Experience managing tax compliance and research at multi-city, multi-state and federal level, including working with outside CPA firm for federal tax filings.
- Three or more years in a management/supervisory role.
- Experience with companies with $15 – 20M in revenue, multiple location in multiple state, and significant growth and business expansion.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to speak to the numbers, not just compile them.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: