The Software Engineer III works within the Application Development & Support team to provide complex software programming for new software, production support and maintenance for existing software, as well as ad-hoc support of key departmental initiatives which drive business functions. The Software Engineer III receives general instructions on new projects and works autonomously to complete deliverables.
This position creates and maintains user interfaces for a variety of client applications as well as supports internal applications to maximize web technology. This role is solid in prototyping and expert in UI frameworks. This role augments the Level III designer where/when needed. Work breaks down to approximately 70% UI development and 30% Design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Partners with software team and technical project lead in the development of the software engineering processes and translates technical designs into working software. Ensure component design fits in with the overall solution
- Maintains existing applications by enhancing software and troubleshooting issues
- Adopts new techniques and technologies while identifying and resolving technical or product problems, and leverages UI development skills to augment front-end web application development
- Maintains UX-UI templates & libraries
- Helps with scoping and estimating UX-UI effort for new and MOB projects
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining UX-UI solutions
- Gains a thorough understanding of functional requirements for new software requests
- Works with Business Systems Analysts to understand and clarify software requirements and translate into working software, while working within the corporate style guidelines to produce the front-end presentation layer of B2B and B2C software web applications
- Designs, develops and performs testing of software to meet functional requirements
- Practices good software engineering techniques and standards to reduce coding errors and ensures robustness and efficiency of work products
- Partners with software and cross-functional teams in the development of the software engineering processes
- Participates in software project meetings as well as code reviews, and provides status reports, incorporates recommendations
- Applies software engineering and Object Oriented Design principles in creating UML diagrams and technical design documents for software components
- Initiates attendance at job related training to keep skills current; maintains current understanding of the industry’s best practices
- Assists with mentoring and training of less experienced IT staff members
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and five (5) to eight (8) plus years’ job related experience in the essential job functions listed. Prior PBM or healthcare experience is helpful but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Solid skills creating interactive prototypes with Axure RP
- Thorough understanding of responsive design and ability to hand-code media queries
- Solid understanding and implementation of Bootstrap 3 and 4 frameworks
- Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator to provide design elements and comps
- Working experience of GIT as a source code versioning tool
- Development with Liferay Portal and CMS is a plus
- Proficient with MS Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook)
- Understands UX-UI methodology and principles
- Solid understanding of industry standard front-end frameworks
- Working experience within Agile and Scrum teams.
- Experience with requirements analysis and usability testing is a plus
- Experience with coding for accessibility (ADA/508WCAG 2.0, etc.) to create interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on project teams and/or matrix-managed teams
- Ability to appropriately schedule and prioritize multiple projects to ensure timely and effective delivery of IT solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with emphasis on translating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Results oriented and ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects with changing priorities and deadlines
- Familiarity with PBM business model (plans, programs, and practices) as well as pharmaceutical practices (nomenclature, medications) helpful
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity
- Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.